btrfs file system issues

• Then read some post regarding raid5/6 not very good option with btrfs file system

You should start to read more carefully (or better articles).

While btrfs contains own RAID5/6 implementations that are known to cause troubles in situations the usual 'I play RAID at home because I don't understand the difference between availability and data protection' dude never will run into there's nothing wrong using btrfs on top of an existing mdraid6 other than using RAID-6 if you could also use RAID-Z2 is IMO bizarre.

I hope you do backup as well...

• You should start to read more carefully (or better articles).
    While btrfs contains own RAID5/6 implementations that are known to cause troubles in situations the usual 'I play RAID at home because I don't understand the difference between availability and data protection' dude never will run into there's nothing wrong using btrfs on top of an existing mdraid6 other than using RAID-6 if you could also use RAID-Z2 is IMO bizarre.

I hope you do backup as well...

It is pretty clear to even the most casual reader of these forums that there is a wide spectrum of knowledge and technical skills among those seeking help. Their questions reflect what we all experience and suffer in life from time to time: uncertainty, confusion, mistakes, accident and the results of bad choices.

But instead of a friendly welcome with concrete advice and perhaps a gently guide toward some useful technical background, what we get here is another useless post from tkaiser. Written in Latin prose style with a sentence length that needs de-construction, you have in your own usual inimitable style belittled get another individual by:

(a) Treating them like some naught/lazy school pupil who has neglected their homework, i.e. they should have read more about btrfs.

(b) Accused them by inference of not knowing the difference between “data availability and data protection”, i.e. they are one of those (stupid) “dudes”.

(c) Being ignorant of the difference of using brtfs as a filesystem existing on top of a mdadm array as opposed to creating a raid6 type configuration with brfs itself.

All in all, this is another prime example of how not to “win friends and influence people”. It is a pity that someone who has technical knowledge appears to have no self-awareness, no concept of just how people might re-act to a persona that often comes across as arrogant, condescending and even sarcastic. Instead of sitting in judgement on people, perhaps you should confine yourself to making comments that might encourage people to return to the OMV. If you find answering basic forum question tedious, don’t bother.

I’m sure you’ll want to reply, you strike me as the kind of person who always wants the last word. I’ve nothing more to say on the subject, my prediction is that is very unlikely you’ll change your ways, even if it is damaging to the forum.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!