RemoteMount Plugin Issue

• I am trying to mount a network location to my OMV. I have installed remotemount plugin.

When I try and add the location and hit "apply" I get the error listed below. I dont understand where "dev/disk/by-label/Server" is coming from. in the fields in the dialog, i have only entered the IP address and the share name. Any help would be appreciated greatly.

Error #0:exception 'OMV\Exception' with message 'Could not fetch a matching mount point from the provided fsname: '/dev/disk/by-label/Server'.' in /usr/share/php/openmediavault/system/filesystem/backend/remoteabstract.inc:195Stack trace:#0 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/system/filesystem/backend/remoteabstract.inc(139): OMV\System\Filesystem\Backend\RemoteAbstract::fetchMountPointFromFstabByFsnameAndType('/dev/disk/by-la...', 'cifs')#1 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/system/filesystem/filesystem.inc(845): OMV\System\Filesystem\Backend\RemoteAbstract->getImpl('/dev/disk/by-la...')#2 /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/module/fstab.inc(68): OMV\System\Filesystem\Filesystem::getImpl('/dev/disk/by-la...')#3 /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/rpc/config.inc(194): OMVModuleFsTab->startService()#4 [internal function]: OMVRpcServiceConfig->applyChanges(Array, Array)#5 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(124): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)#6 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(150): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->callMethod('applyChanges', Array, Array)#7 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(528): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->OMV\Rpc\{closure}('/tmp/bgstatuszI...', '/tmp/bgoutputJo...')#8 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(151): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->execBgProc(Object(Closure))#9 /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/rpc/config.inc(213): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->callMethodBg('applyChanges', Array, Array)#10 [internal function]: OMVRpcServiceConfig->applyChangesBg(Array, Array)#11 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(124): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)#12 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/rpc.inc(86): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->callMethod('applyChangesBg', Array, Array)#13 /usr/sbin/omv-engined(536): OMV\Rpc\Rpc::call('Config', 'applyChangesBg', Array, Array, 1)#14 {main}

• Offizieller Beitrag

What version? Most problems are caused by invalid credentials or incorrect setting. Most problems are hard to diagnose because the setup of the remote server is unknown.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Offizieller Beitrag

remote server by the way is just a pc on the same network, so settings should be relatively straight forward. i am simply entering the local ip address and the share name

A PC running what? I assume you are connecting to a samba share? Does it need credentials? The remote server setup isn't always so straight forward.

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

• yes samba share (pc running windows)

i think it is something much more basic, because i get the same error no matter what info i enter into the fields (even completely made up stuff). error on "apply" is always:

Could not fetch a matching mount point from the provided fsname: '/dev/disk/by-label/Server'.

I just dont know where is is getting that from.

• Offizieller Beitrag

yes samba share (pc running windows)

What version of windows? 10 home? 10 pro?

i think it is something much more basic, because i get the same error no matter what info i enter into the fields (even completely made up stuff). error on "apply" is always:

Could not fetch a matching mount point from the provided fsname: '/dev/disk/by-label/Server'.

I just dont know where is is getting that from.

I wrote the plugin. It will give you this error if you can't mount the remote share. I just added a video of setting up a remote mount and it works fine. https://github.com/OpenMediaVa…ob/master/remotemount.gif

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!