mySQL not reachable over network

• Hi,

first of all thanks for the great work everyone does with OMV and the plugins - i still use it for several years and it never let me down! :)

Unfortunatelly i now have a problem with mySQL plugin after setting up my new NAS.

Everyting on OMV side seems to work well (plugin installed and enabled, root password set, webSQL etc.) but i can´t connect to the database over network.

On OMV network side i just have a simple configuration - static IP, that´s all. No firewall rules etc.

Here´s a list of things that i already tried:

- disabled windows firewall on SQL client
    - firewall rule for incoming traffic on OMV port 3306
    - reinstalled SQL plugin
    - several SQL users
    - installed OMV on a virtual machine for testing purposes - same problem here with blank installation ?(

Now i don´t know what else to do for fixing this problem. I hope someone here can help me. :thumbup:

FYI: i want to use mySQL for central Kodi database. I tried to connect to mysql with kodi and with MySQL query browser (to be sure that the problem is not caused by kodi)

Thanks in advance!

• Offizieller Beitrag

Did you set the bind address to 0.0.0.0?

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• FACE PALM

That was exactly my problem - thank you very much! :thumbup:

After that my next problem was that i configured my SQL user with host "localhost" instead of "%" what allowes the logon from every computer.

Now SQL access works fine!

• hey guys,

I'm facing the same problem.
    I changed binding adress to 0.0.0.0 and changed host to % for my kodi mysql user.
    But still, I am getting error "ERROR 2003 (HY000): Can't connect to MySQL server on '192.168.178.230' (111)".

Do you have any further advice?

Thanks in advance :)

/EDIT: Ok ... done ... I tried to change the binding directly in the my.cnf file and not in the web admin ... :P

• Offizieller Beitrag

I tried to change the binding directly in the my.cnf file and not in the web admin

Any change in the web interface and it will be changed back. Changing my.cnf directly is not recommended.

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!