OMV in Virtualbox - No Network Interface

• OMV 3.x (stable)
    • Resolved
    • OMV in Virtualbox - No Network Interface

After loading an new OMV 3.X guest into Virtual Box (using the "bridged" network adapter mode):

On the first boot, OMV's boot dialog stated; " No network interface" or " No Interface Found ", or something to that effect. (Normally, DHCP assigns an IP address which is shown in the terminal console.) Rebooting the OMV guest had no effect on this condition.

The solution was simple.
      As root, on the command, type in omv-firstaid and select 1. Simply configuring the adapter attached to eth0, even for DHCP, corrects this issue.

(Provided for searches)
      Good backup takes the "drama" out of computing

OMV 3.0.95 Erasmus - Rsync'ed Backup
      R-PI 2 $29 / 16GB SD Card $8 / Real Time Clock $1.86
      4TB WD My Passport $119
    • flmaxey wrote:

(Provided for searches)
      For the same reason I would suggest checking with 'ip addr' first whether this is not just a cosmetical/timing issue (on almost all OMV ARM images I built within the last months it's exactly like this: when using serial console OMV greets with 'no network interface found' while half a second later dhcpclient got an address and everything is fine)
    • It was odd behavior that I'd only seen with OMV as a new guest (fresh build), and a reboot or two had no effect. I've booted several times before, using DHCP with a VM, and haven't seen this. The new OMV build, in a newer version/install of Virtual Box, sent me down a blind alley.

In any case, motd before the IP makes sense.

Thanks
      Good backup takes the "drama" out of computing

OMV 3.0.95 Erasmus - Rsync'ed Backup
      R-PI 2 $29 / 16GB SD Card $8 / Real Time Clock $1.86
      4TB WD My Passport $119