Moved from Hungary to Australia, shipped the hardware, plugged it in but not working

• Hi All, I would need your kind help.
    I relocated from Hungary to Australia, shipped the hardware (took the HDD's with me on the plane).
    Once the my HP Mini server arrived in a shipping container full of stuff I plugged it in and it is working, but not properly.

• Hardware seems to be working fine, all lights working,
    • I plugged in a screen and it goes though the booth cycle properly
    • I plugged it into the wifi router I got here and my laptop sees the openmediavault - AFP and SMB/CIFS but nothing else.
    • Web GUI is not working on http://10.0.1.100/ it says it refused to connect

First I though I might have mixed up the order of the drives, they are numbered but I could not remember if I started from the left or the right so tried both configuration, same result. OMV is running from a 4GB USB which seem to be working fine with the green light flashing and all.
    Any tips on what I should check. Could it be something to do with different IP's here in Australia. - Many Thanks

• my laptop sees the openmediavault - AFP and SMB/CIFS but nothing else.

Both Samba and Netatalk do 'service propagaton' so everything is ok, your server has just got a different IP address. If you can login locally check output of 'ip addr', 'ip r s' or 'ifconfig', if that's not possible use exactly the name the server is announced via AFP and do on macOS 'ping $name' and 'ping $name.local' (might work similarly on Windows but I'm not too familiar with Windows as Client OS)

• I plugged it into the wifi router I got here

If you have bought a new router in Australia and your OMV Nas was configured for DHCP earlier, I also think that the NAS has now a different IP address - as @tkaiserr has written before.

I plugged in a screen and it goes though the booth cycle properly

If you can watch the whole boot process then at the end you should see the root login prompt. There you can also see the current IP address of the system.

Another possibility to retrieve the IP address:
    Some routers have the possibility to look for the assigned IP adresses by their internal DHCP server with their own web interface.

OMV 3.0.100 (Gray style)

ASRock Rack C2550D4I C0-stepping - 16GB ECC - 6x WD RED 3TB (ZFS 2x3 Striped RaidZ1) - Fractal Design Node 304 -

3x WD80EMAZ Snapraid / MergerFS-pool via eSATA - 4-Bay ICYCube MB561U3S-4S with fan-mod

• thanks healy for the great answers. the ip address that comes up on the screen a the end of the booth cycle is still 10.0.1.100. The router I am using is supplied by the internet provider, but even when I plug the server into a laptop the webGUI is not working. And when I plug it straight in it can’t see AFP or SMB either

• Offizieller Beitrag

thanks healy for the great answers. the ip address that comes up on the screen a the end of the booth cycle is still 10.0.1.100. The router I am using is supplied by the internet provider, but even when I plug the server into a laptop the webGUI is not working. And when I plug it straight in it can’t see AFP or SMB either

Welcome to Australia.

If you have a monitor, just plug it in. do not rely on the ip address message there at login it doesn't work properly. Just enter your credentials and type

ip r s

should said the ip assigned. If it doesn't match router subnet maybe is in static mode. Use omv-firstaid to reconfigure to dhcp or the appropriate values using static settings.

• do not rely on the ip address message there at login it doesn't work properly

?( If the message is not reliable it should be removed. No information is better than a wrong information.

OMV 3.0.100 (Gray style)

ASRock Rack C2550D4I C0-stepping - 16GB ECC - 6x WD RED 3TB (ZFS 2x3 Striped RaidZ1) - Fractal Design Node 304 -

3x WD80EMAZ Snapraid / MergerFS-pool via eSATA - 4-Bay ICYCube MB561U3S-4S with fan-mod

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!