Import raid after reinstall, best way?

• Hi all

Tried to search wiki and forums, but not much luck in finding the info I was looking for, so thought I post a thread instead. Hope this won't be a to stupid question and someone can help me along.

Had a fine OMV setup running on my HP N40L, but didn't hearse the warnings about installing on USB stick. The one I used should be able to handle it, but seems the description of it was wrong. My system won't boot anymore (cache error or something like that during bootup, can look up if important). Got a replacement now (WD Blue HDD) and just reinstalled OMV onto that.

Before the reinstall I unplugged my old raid array, just in case, and haven't plugged it back in yet. Know from experience that it's better to ask in times like these then loose all the data :)

It's a 4disk Raid5 array. (Seagate SV35.5 2TB disks) First time I used Raid in any of my NAS, always used the disks as they were until now.

From the few posts I could find it seemed that if I knew all the old names, it should be easy to get back in and running - but I can't remember. I still got the old installation on the USB stick that won't boot (if it's possible to still read out from there somehow)

How do I best go around to getting my NAS back up an running with my Raid array? Any input, help, suggestions and links are appreciated, Thanks in advance.

I do have backup of most, but not all, so would be amazing if I could rescue it.

BeeCube (OMV): Media server on HP N40L, 8GB XMS3, 2x Seagate NAS 4TB, 16GB SSD (SSD died, dropped it on the floor and now in/out-put errors)
    BeeWeb (OMV): Web and mail on HP N54L, 4GB ECC, 4x SV35.5 2TB raid5, 16GB SSD DOM (in build and temp media server)
    BeeWood (SMB): Backup on A6-3500, F1A75-I Deluxe, 8GB Ares, LSI 9240-8i, 8+4bay (mixed drive setup), 120GB SSD (in parts for case mod)
    BeeRoute (pfSense): Router on Intel D2500CC, 4GB SO-DIMM, 16GB SSD DOM

• Offizieller Beitrag

OMV will recognize the raid array and the filesystem on it. Just mount it, recreate the Shared Folders, and then any shares (smb,afp, etc) you had. Shouldn't be any problem as long as you don't try to create a new array or filesystem.

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• best news I've had in a while, thanks a lot for the fast reply ryecoaaron

BeeCube (OMV): Media server on HP N40L, 8GB XMS3, 2x Seagate NAS 4TB, 16GB SSD (SSD died, dropped it on the floor and now in/out-put errors)
    BeeWeb (OMV): Web and mail on HP N54L, 4GB ECC, 4x SV35.5 2TB raid5, 16GB SSD DOM (in build and temp media server)
    BeeWood (SMB): Backup on A6-3500, F1A75-I Deluxe, 8GB Ares, LSI 9240-8i, 8+4bay (mixed drive setup), 120GB SSD (in parts for case mod)

• worked like a charm, all up and running again. Very happy camper again :)

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!