Openvpn plugin on OVM4 ?

• Offizieller Beitrag

I have uninstalled the plugin but can't find it anymore to reinstall. Any ideas?

It hasn't been ported. I don't use vpn so I'm not the one to port it and we don't have much help. If it is something need, you will either have to stay on OMV 3.x or manually install openvpn. Maybe run openvpn in a docker?

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Ah ok :( Btw. I have installed the old plugin from 3.0 back. Getting this error:

Will continue to see if I can relink the new openssl version.

• Offizieller Beitrag

I'm sure there are things that need to be upgraded in the plugin to work on OMV 4.x. If you can figure those out, I will update the plugin with those fixes.

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

• I was also looking for OpenVPN for Arrakis, but there are few replacements, you can install OpenVPN for Debian (or which Linux do you run, but configuration is little bit tough).
    Easier replacement is OpenVPN-Access server. It has just 2 connected devices in free version, but setup is user friendly and after installation it's possible to access settings in webgui (OVPN-AS, not OMV).
    https://openvpn.net/index.php/access-server/overview.html

What is the script of installing it on debian please?

• Was anyone ITT able to get this running with a letsencrypt cert? I installed Openvpn-access server and it functions perfectly, but I'm not sure how to get https encryption working properly. Right now I have an Nginx server that redirects to the openvpn client port, and attempting to generate a certificate from the letsencrypt plugin doesn't seem to work.

The setup on the device is such that I have mysite.com pointed serving a wordpress folder, files.mysite.com pointed at a nextcloud folder, and vpn.mysite.com pointed at a blank folder and has a redirect rule to https://192.168.x.x:950 which I set to be the client openvpn web page. Certificates for the wordpress and nextcloud sites work perfectly, but I can't seem to make it work for the VPN.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Yes, please repair openvpn plugin for OMV4

I don't use vpn. So, I won't be doing any work on the openvpn plugin.

• Who is the maintainer of the OpenVPN plugin and can we ping on him here?

I also like to see this plugin on V4. For now I use OpenVPN-AS in Docker but it's not that easy thing and a little bit oversized for my purposes.

• Hi,
    I am new to OMV and docker. I would like to use OpenVPN as a client but do not know where to download the necessary files. Is there a guide that starts at the very beginning (like where to download the files)?
    Thanks in advance.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Who is the maintainer of the OpenVPN plugin and can we ping on him here?

There is no maintainer.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Who was the maintainer?

hk-47 but he hasn't committed to the plugin in almost two years. subzero79 is probably the closest thing to the maintainer and I don't know if he has any desire to work on it.

Also, what problems are people experiencing?

It doesn't work because it is broken and incompatible. I really don't know anything more specific.

• Apparently the OpenVPN repo was updated to support OMV 4, but it was not put in the OMV-Extras repo. For anyone that wants to get the OpenVPN plugin working on OMV 4, follow these instructions. I tried it and it works. These instructions assume that you're logged in to the terminal as root.

• apt install git fakeroot dh-make
    • git clone https://github.com/OpenMediaVault-Plugin-Developers/openmediavault-openvpn.git
    • cd openmediavault-openvpn/
    • fakeroot debian/rules clean binary
    • cd ..
    • dpkg -i openmediavault-openvpn_4.0_all.deb

At this point, you have a version of the OpenVPN plugin installed that works with OMV 4. If you want to clean up the files that you left behind, here are the commands to delete them.

• rm -rv openmediavault-openvpn
    • rm -v openmediavault-openvpn_4.0_all.deb
    • Offizieller Beitrag

For anyone that wants to get the OpenVPN plugin working on OMV 4, follow these instructions. I tried it and it works. These instructions assume that you're logged in to the terminal as root.

Please don't do this. I will package the plugin and put it in the testing repo.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!