Openvpn plugin on OVM4 ?

• OMV 4.x

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• David B wrote:

It has been modified to work on OMV4. I posted instructions for users that wanted to build and install it somewhere on here. I am not sure where they are though. If anyone wants to look through my post history (I don't have time to do so right now), you should be able to find it.
      Even though it was modified for OMV 4 and the latest code is in the repo, people are still having problems with it. And as technodadlife mentioned, the openvpn-as plugin hasn't been ported at all.
      omv 4.1.13 arrakis | 64 bit | 4.15 proxmox kernel | omvextrasorg 4.1.13
      omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please read this before posting a question and this and this for docker questions.
      Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!
    • ryecoaaron wrote:

David B wrote:

It has been modified to work on OMV4. I posted instructions for users that wanted to build and install it somewhere on here. I am not sure where they are though. If anyone wants to look through my post history (I don't have time to do so right now), you should be able to find it.
      Even though it was modified for OMV 4 and the latest code is in the repo, people are still having problems with it. And as technodadlife mentioned, the openvpn-as plugin hasn't been ported at all.
      Oh, my bad. I missed that it was OpenVPN-AS you were discussing. As for the OpenVPN plugin, what issues are people having? I had to recreate all of my user configurations when I installed it, but aside from that, it's been running perfectly.
    • David B wrote:

As for the OpenVPN plugin, what issues are people having?
      You would have to look at the posts. I don't help/read those threads because I don't know anything about the plugin.

Please read this before posting a question and this and this for docker questions.
    • New

Has any progress been made on the -as plugin?

I've been bouncing my head off of dockers and plugins and command lines oh my!

@TechnoDadLife - I followed your guide to setup transmission-openvpn, might it be conflicting with openvpn-as dockers? I think I've probably made it the farthest with the linuxserver image but seem to always run up against an impossible to fix permissions error...

Source Code

1. /var/run/s6/etc/cont-init.d/50-interface: line 11: /config/scripts/confdba: Permission denied

and then

Source Code

1. ./run: line 3: /config/scripts/openvpnas: Permission denied
      There are forum threads about both but they seem to have died &/or never found a solution.

Anyway, this is a far better means of checking in with the server than forwarding all the apps web UIs. Even over SSL it gives me a ... twitch. VPNing back home would make life a lot easier and safer. Thanks for the hard work team :)
    • New

DrPeril wrote:

Has any progress been made on the -as plugin?
      No and I doubt anyone is going to work on it. If you install the openvpn-as package, it has its own web interface and doesn't really need a plugin.

• Users Online 1

1 Guest