save configuration file

• Hi I have been through everything in the GUI but cannot find a way to save the configuration of OMV?

I am getting some spooky behaviour, I tried an update from the update menu but just got loads and loads of I/O errors which I suspect is this utterly shitty Petrol SSD which is being used as the main OMV disk. I have had issues with it before and would recommend everyone avoid this brand like the lit turd it is.

Anyhow, I want to do a clean install onto a new drive but cannot find how to save the configuration so I can get up and running nice and quick?

• You cannot save your config and transfer to a fresh install. I would recommend you printout this file, /etc/openmediavault/config.xml. You can't copy and paste that into the new config on the fresh install but you can reference it to see what you had setup on your old install. Disconnect data drives and do reinstall with just the system disk connected. Shutdown after install and reconnect data drives. You will be able to remount any filesystems on the data disks and then create shares again, etc....

• Jesus, so what we are saying is, in reality if your OMV goes tits up your are stuffed?

I don't remember reading that in the gumph on the website.

• Do you have people that tie your shoes for you? You've been on the forums long enough to know we recommend making an image or your system drive using Clonezilla. This would not apply to you now because it appears your system drive, mentioned in the 1st post, may be corrupted. Learn to image your drive.

• Hear what you are saying.

Its all running at the minute it didn't die completely, can I run any kind of fix on it, fdisk or what ever its called then try and image? Can I image with clonzilla to a USB drive attached to the OMV?

Also, I am seeing updates etc for various things, but in the past they have never installed, can I in anyway run an update for OMV from a usb stick without loosing everything?

• If it were me I wouldn't try. It seems pretty obvious there is corruption on your system drive. Sometimes you have to do things the long way. It's the best answer in your situation. Get it all configured on the new drive and use Clonezilla to image the system drive once you have it all setup the way you want it. The corruption or other things could be causing your update issues. Ask if you are having problems once setup on the new drive and we will help you if your updates are not working.

Remember, when you add 3rd party plugins only use stable repo:

http://forums.openmediavault.org/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=1169

That's link to install the plugin repo..

Good Luck and Sorry your drive went to sh...

• Yea, its my own fault all the way. It had played up in my mac and then I stuck it in the server, Nice one.

It appears last night that Cron? tried doing some updates and I got these in the email :W: Failed to fetch http://shell.ninthga...package…n/binary-i386/Packages.gz Something wicked happened resolving 'shell.ninthga...packages:http' (-5 - No address associated with hostname)

I believe all my DNS is set up correctly etc.

But anyhow a clean install it is. Can I confirm though that the data on the four main drives is good, I just wonder how I reload these, as they are set up in two pairs of ZFS, one backs up to the other. Obviously full of data.

• The repo may have been offline. Happens sometimes. I think your data should be fine. Not sure how to handle the ZFS. I would query to where you found to set it up. Was it on this forum?

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!