Issue Setting Up PLEX

• I recently installed OMV on a "new" server and everything is setup properly AFAIK, but I can't seem to get PLEX installed.

Here's the current issue I'm running into:

Can anyone shed any insight?

Thanks!

• Offizieller Beitrag

Can anyone shed any insight?

Post the output of: cat /etc/apt/sources.list.d/omv-extras-org.list

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Code
    cat: /etc/apt/sources.list.d/omv-extras-org.list: No such file or directory

:(

I should mention a couple things that may be helpful.

First - For some reason I could not install OMV on a flash drive. I have two brand new, never-been-used 16GB Sandisk USB 3.0 capable flash drives that I tried and was intending to use (one as the primary, one as the backup) but despite detecting them both in the partitioning/installing portion of the setup process, it said they could not be partitioned. The OS is currently installed on a secondhand 250GB 7200 RPM Hitachi disk.

Second - Once in the web gui, almost every single time I save or apply a change, I get an error pop-up referring to my temp folder. If I try saving/applying again, there's a chance I'll get another pop-up referring to the same issue or a different issue (again referring to a file in the temporary folder) but if I keep trying, eventually the progress bar pops up and the change is applied. Not sure if this has something to do with the issue or not.

• Offizieller Beitrag

I think you have been manually changing too many things...

The old drive is fine.

What is the output of:

dpkg -l | grep openm
    grep -r bintray /etc/apt/*

• Unfortunately the only "manual change" that I've applied outside the web gui was done via ssh while logged into root:

echo "deb https://dl.bintray.com/openmediavault-plugin-developers/erasmus-plex {distribution} {components}" | sudo tee -a /etc/apt/sources.list

I did also add a commented line via nano in the sources.list file to indicate what that was.

Everything else was done as simply/automatically as possible via the installer or in the web gui.

dpkg -l | grep openm
    grep -r bintray /etc/apt/*
    returns...

Code
    root@morty:~# dpkg -l | grep openm
    ii  openmediavault                   4.0.9-1                        all          openmediavault - The open network attached storage solution
    ii  openmediavault-keyring           1.0                            all          GnuPG archive keys of the OpenMediaVault archive
    root@morty:~# grep -r bintray /etc/apt/*
    /etc/apt/sources.list:deb https://dl.bintray.com/openmediavault-plugin-developers/arrakis {distribution} {components}
    /etc/apt/sources.list:deb https://dl.bintray.com/openmediavault-plugin-developers/arrakis-plex {distribution} {components}

Edit: FYI, I've reinstalled OMV once before the current installation and the previous installation had the same web GUI temp file pop-up errors without having changed a single thing. I first noticed it when I went to make the first change -- updating the admin password -- and it has been an issue ever since.

• Offizieller Beitrag

echo "deb https://dl.bintray.com/openmed…n-developers/erasmus-plex {distribution} {components}" | sudo tee -a /etc/apt/sources.list

This is the problem... Distribution and components are supposed to be variables and replaced. This will never work. You also shouldn't put these repos in the main sources.list. Please install omv-extras from the command line if you can't get it to install from the web interface. omv-extras does more than add repo lines. It also adds keys for the repos.

nd the previous installation had the same web GUI temp file pop-up errors without having changed a single thing

I've seen it occasionally as well. Repeating the command should work. This is something that should be expected when using unreleased beta code though...

• I apologize for my ignorance, I'm only just getting the hang of such things.

Thank you for your insight and assistance.

If I may, I'm not sure I follow when you speak of unreleased beta code? Are you talking about the PLEX plugin or the OMV installation I'm currently using?

To make my user experience as fluid and, hopefully, trouble-free as possible, do you recommend using OMV 3.x instead of 4.x?

• Offizieller Beitrag

If I may, I'm not sure I follow when you speak of unreleased beta code? Are you talking about the PLEX plugin or the OMV installation I'm currently using?

To make my user experience as fluid and, hopefully, trouble-free as possible, do you recommend using OMV 3.x instead of 4.x?

I am talking about OMV 4.x being unreleased beta code. Yes, there is a 4.x iso file but it is for developers and testers.

Yes, you should OMV 3.x. The plex plugin will install but still may have issues. Plex is a moving target and I really don't want to maintain the plugin anymore. I have been telling people to use plex in a docker with the docker plugin or install plex manually without the plugin. All the plugin allows you to do is moving the database but that is the part that has been having issues lately.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• An excellent response which answered a question I had not yet asked!

I was wondering if maybe the PLEX webgui might interfere with the OMV webgui but your answer just solved that for me. In fact, I was hoping/planning/intending on installing Docker and using that as a basis for several other applications I had hoped to host on my server. Excellent.

Thank you so much for your help! It's users like you that make the world of Linux less inhospitable and more inviting. :)

Cheers!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!