SMB transfer stopping

• Hello,

I am setting up my first OMV. Have installed OMV 3.0.92 and mounted a new Western Digital 4 TB Elements hard drive (which is ext4 formatted).

I have enabled SMB on OMV and am trying to copy files to the new drive from my laptop running Windows 10 Pro (64-bit). I can see the OMV share and access the files on it from Windows after putting in the user password. When transferring files to the new drive it works well at first, but after a few minutes the transfer completely drops out and will not recover (the transfer rate drops to 0 bytes and does not continue or give any error message - I need to reboot both laptop and server to start a new transfer again).

Looking at similar older posts in the forum (example) other people have reported a similar issue and fixed it by installing the backports kernel. I can't see the backports button in omv-extras any more but have tried using Proxmox kernel (4.4.83-1) but the issue continues.

Anyone got any ideas? Is this a kernel issue and should Proxmox have fixed it or could something else be going on? Thanks for any advice!

• The backports kernel 4.9.x is used by default with omv3. Which kernel version did you use before you installed the latest proxmox kernel?

Greetings Hoppel

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    openmediavault 6 | proxmox kernel | zfs | docker | kvm
    supermicro x11ssh-ctf | xeon E3-1240L-v5 | 64gb ecc | 8x10tb wd red | digital devices max s8
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• Offizieller Beitrag

What kind of system? And no, it isn't a kernel issue. I would look at the samba tuning threads.

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• What ist the output of the following command:

Code
    root@omv:~# apt-cache search linux-image

For me it looks as follows:

Greetings Hoppel

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    openmediavault 6 | proxmox kernel | zfs | docker | kvm
    supermicro x11ssh-ctf | xeon E3-1240L-v5 | 64gb ecc | 8x10tb wd red | digital devices max s8
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!