Issues installing ZFS plugin

• All this windows sysadmin work has made my linux game weak.

Motherboard : SuperMicro X10SLL-F | i3-4170 @ 3.7ghz | 32gb ECC RAM
    PSU: EVGA 500w
    Case: Fractal Design Define R5
    Controller : Dell H310 flashed with IT Mode Firmware
    DATA: 8x3TB

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von captainwtf ()

• So then, When attempting to do anything in the dashboard, i get a error popup containing..

Code
    Error #0: OMV\ExecException: Failed to execute command 'export PATH=/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin; export LANG=C; zfs list -H -o name,mountpoint -t filesystem' with exit code '1': in /usr/share/php/openmediavault/system/process.inc:175 Stack trace: #0 /usr/share/omvzfs/Utils.php(398): OMV\System\Process->execute(Array, 1) #1 /usr/share/omvzfs/Filesystem.php(51): OMVModuleZFSUtil::exec('zfs list -H -o ...', Array, 1) #2 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/system/filesystem/backend/zfs.inc(32): OMVModuleZFSFilesystem::getAllFilesystems() #3 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/system/filesystem/backend/manager.inc(263): OMV\System\Filesystem\Backend\Zfs->enumerate() #4 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/system/filesystem/filesystem.inc(804): OMV\System\Filesystem\Backend\Manager->enumerate() #5 /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/rpc/filesystemmgmt.inc(67): OMV\System\Filesystem\Filesystem::getFilesystems() #6 [internal function]: OMVRpcServiceFileSystemMgmt->enumerateFilesystems(Array, Array) #7 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(123): call_user_func_array(Array, Array) #8 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/rpc.inc(86): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->callMethod('enumerateFilesy...', Array, Array) #9 /usr/sbin/omv-engined(536): OMV\Rpc\Rpc::call('FileSystemMgmt', 'enumerateFilesy...', Array, Array, 1) #10 {main}

• Offizieller Beitrag

Read the really long zfs thread. The zfs packages included with stretch don't compile on the 4.13 kernel. If you enable the omv-extras testing repo, you will get the zfs packages I built for Stretch from Debian Sid. These will compile on the 4.13 kernel.

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• I saw something along these lines in the long ZFS thread, I guess I didn't get that part out of it that it required the testing repo.

Now it's working.

Appreciated.

• Offizieller Beitrag

I saw something along these lines in the long ZFS thread, I guess I didn't get that part out of it that it required the testing repo.

The plugin doesn't require the testing repo. The 4.13 kernel requires the testing repo. If you installed the regular 4.9 kernel, you wouldn't need the testing repo.

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

• Well it seems for the most part its all working right now but now there are weird things like if I try to set ACL's on the share I set up, it gives me this,

So my question is, Is there something I am missing?

Code
    Error #0:
    OMV\ExecException: Failed to execute command 'export PATH=/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin; export LANG=C; setfacl --remove-all -M '/tmp/setfaclMo9OPQ' -- '/zVol1/DATA' 2>&1' with exit code '1': setfacl: /zVol1/DATA: Operation not supported in /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/rpc/sharemgmt.inc:992
    Stack trace:
    #0 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(528): OMVRpcServiceShareMgmt->{closure}('/tmp/bgstatusPV...', '/tmp/bgoutputcQ...')
    #1 /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/rpc/sharemgmt.inc(999): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->execBgProc(Object(Closure), NULL, Object(Closure))
    #2 [internal function]: OMVRpcServiceShareMgmt->setFileACL(Array, Array)
    #3 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(123): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
    #4 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/rpc.inc(86): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->callMethod('setFileACL', Array, Array)
    #5 /usr/sbin/omv-engined(536): OMV\Rpc\Rpc::call('ShareMgmt', 'setFileACL', Array, Array, 1)
    #6 {main}

Prior to this I was getting communication errors, But after looking through the forums appears it may have just been a issue with some services not running, a reboot took care of that.

• Offizieller Beitrag

So my question is, Is there something I am missing?

In the zfs plugin, click edit for the pool and change acltype to posixacl. I don't use zfs so I'm not 100% sure this will work.

• In the zfs plugin, click edit for the pool and change acltype to posixacl. I don't use zfs so I'm not 100% sure this will work.

That took care of it I believe. You're pretty johnny on the spot with this stuff.

I did a lot of shopping around for a distro for the home NAS, Ended up building a machine thats an i3-4170 on a Supermicro X10 board with 8gb of ECC memory, 750gb WD RE drive for OS & 5x3tb for the storage array, Is now recently upgraded to a i5-4570 w/ 32gb ECC mem & 5x3tb drives on a 1tb WD RE OS drive

Started out with Windows server 2012 R2 at first using storage spaces & ReFS. Write performance is a bit touchy if you're not using SSD caching and you can't configure it after the fact... But from what I understand it doesn't matter how you set it up and how good the hardware is, it's kind of quirky. I just liked the potential benefits of ReFS & the idea behind having an array that wasn't dependent upon hardware such as a raid controller but storage spaces is quirky in terms of performance with unexplainable hiccups here and there

Which is why I wanted to go back to ZFS, and out of everything I've played with, That does or does not support ZFS, OMV seems to have one of the smoothest solutions, some of the best plugins available, And some of the best community support available with plenty of active development from what I can tell.

So now I'm just working on getting this thrown together and we'll see what happens.

However I am curious as to why you do not use ZFS. And what are you using in your home setup for hardware?

• The zfs plugin works fine for me since one and a half year with omv3.

At the moment I don’t use omv4, because I don’t have much time to play...

Greetings Hoppel

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    openmediavault 6 | proxmox kernel | zfs | docker | kvm
    supermicro x11ssh-ctf | xeon E3-1240L-v5 | 64gb ecc | 8x10tb wd red | digital devices max s8
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• Offizieller Beitrag

However I am curious as to why you do not use ZFS. And what are you using in your home setup for hardware?

I like to keep it simple with a filesystem (ext4) that I know how to recover from in the worst of cases. I do have a zfs pool on my dev VM but don't really do much with it.

My main server is self built with an asrock rack motherboard with an E5-2697v3 and 64gb ECC running VMware ESXi 6.5. It has a few samsung ssds and a 1 TB Samsung 960 Pro NVME ssd for the VMs. My main fileserver OMV 4.x VM has three 4TB WD Red (ext4) and one 8TB Seagate Archive (btrfs) drives passed through to the VM. My backup server is a QNAP TS-451 running OMV 4.x with four 4TB WD Red Pros (xfs). My offline backup is another 8TB Seagate Archive (ext4) drive and an LTO-6 drive.

• My decision so far isn't set in stone, I am at a point where I can still change

I just want resiliency, I don't want hardware or OS specific install dependency where if my hardware dies or the OS tanks I can just rebuild and import data.

I don't want to worry about my data silently corrupting either.

All I'm doing is creating a storage repository for my media content which I'll use Plex as well.

The best solution is for me to have a 2nd copy of my data obviously. But since I'm remodeling my entire house it's not exactly in the budget to go out and buy myself a new NAS to have a 2nd copy, and once I get my gig internet in the next few months maybe I'll even offsite the content somewhere.

But until then I'm just trying to come up with the best solution I can, with what I've currently got.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!