OMV on Raspberry in Raid 5 how to integrate a hot spare hdd

• Offizieller Beitrag

You have to do it from the command line. Just look for tutorials on how to do that on Debian. Probably not going to get much more help since we highly recommend not using raid on RPi.

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Offizieller Beitrag

Why do you pessimistic about RPi and OMV?

I have posted on MANY threads about raid arrays failing. This number goes up when using USB drives. I recommend against using USB drives in raid arrays on any system. The number goes up even higher on RPis. Hence why I recommend against using raid on RPis.

Raid is about redundancy. There is nothing redundant about an RPi. Why do you use raid let alone on an RPi?

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

• "Raid is about redundancy. There is nothing redundant about an RPi. Why do you use raid let alone on an RPi?"

Yes you are right, but the RPi has low power consumption and he is very small in Dimension (see my Picture)

Ok i will look forward for a new Hardware.
    Could you give me a hint what you prefer to use e.g. Controller?

• Offizieller Beitrag

Yes you are right, but the RPi has low power consumption and he is very small in Dimension

udoo x86 only uses a couple more watts than an RPi. I still wouldn't use raid with usb though. You didn't say why you want raid??

• "udoo x86 only uses a couple more watts than an RPi. I still wouldn't use raid with usb though. You didn't say why you want raid??"

Ahh ok udoo i heard from.
    I take raid for sure. For me it was a experience to try a raid on RPi. It is not high Performance but if i need a file on my smart phone it is very easy via VPN to get the file from my "NAS"

• "Since you run a business on your Raspberry that needs 100% availability?"

Yes, not often but sometimes.

As i say, it is a experience - the files are backuped. I want to figure out what is possible with Raspi and what is a risk.

My SmartHome (Fhem) runs on a Raspi. Not the same but i use a lot of Raspi's in my home. It work's

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!