Unable to apply any new configurations

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Unable to apply any new configurations

Whenever I try to make a change to the configurations, I get the following error:

Failed to execute command 'export PATH=/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin; export LANG=C; omv-mkconf postfix 2>&1' with exit code '1': postmap: warning: valid_hostname: numeric hostname: 192.168.0.113 postmap: fatal: file /etc/postfix/main.cf: parameter mydomain: bad parameter value: 192.168.0.113 run-parts: /usr/share/openmediavault/mkconf/postfix.d/50misc exited with return code 1

Here are the details:
      Error #0:exception 'OMV\ExecException' with message 'Failed to execute command 'export PATH=/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin; export LANG=C; omv-mkconf postfix 2>&1' with exit code '1': postmap: warning: valid_hostname: numeric hostname: 192.168.0.113postmap: fatal: file /etc/postfix/main.cf: parameter mydomain: bad parameter value: 192.168.0.113run-parts: /usr/share/openmediavault/mkconf/postfix.d/50misc exited with return code 1' in /usr/share/php/openmediavault/system/process.inc:175Stack trace:#0 /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/module/postfix.inc(47): OMV\System\Process->execute()#1 /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/rpc/config.inc(168): OMVModulePostfix->applyConfig()#2 [internal function]: OMVRpcServiceConfig->applyChanges(Array, Array)#3 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(124): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)#4 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(150): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->callMethod('applyChanges', Array, Array)#5 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(528): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->OMV\Rpc\{closure}('/tmp/bgstatuspi...', '/tmp/bgoutputxy...')#6 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(151): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->execBgProc(Object(Closure))#7 /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/rpc/config.inc(213): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->callMethodBg('applyChanges', Array, Array)#8 [internal function]: OMVRpcServiceConfig->applyChangesBg(Array, Array)#9 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(124): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)#10 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/rpc.inc(86): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->callMethod('applyChangesBg', Array, Array)#11 /usr/sbin/omv-engined(536): OMV\Rpc\Rpc::call('Config', 'applyChangesBg', Array, Array, 1)#12 {main}

Any idea what the issue might be?
    • You are using an IP address as hostname. Go to the network settings page and change it to a valid name.
      Absolutely no support through PM!

I must not fear.
      Fear is the mind-killer.
      Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration.
      I will face my fear.
      I will permit it to pass over me and through me.
      And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path.
      Where the fear has gone there will be nothing.
      Only I will remain.

Litany against fear by Bene Gesserit
    • Is it fixed now? What is the output of

Shell-Script

1. # omv-confdbadm read --prettify 'conf.system.network.dns'

I must not fear.
      Fear is the mind-killer.
      I will face my fear.
      Only I will remain.

• garbak wrote:

It just returns the domain name and my hostname.
      This does not help, i requested them to see what is in your database.

According to the error trace your domain name (an IP address) is invalid for postfix. So please fix that to get rid of the error message.

I must not fear.
      Fear is the mind-killer.
      I will face my fear.
      Only I will remain.