"Failed to connect to socket" after OMV 4.x fresh-install (no plugins)

• I wiped my system disk running OMV 3.0.92 to install a fresh OMV 4.0.9 on it with a USB installation disk.

Everything went fine until the first WebUI login after the restart.

I am getting this error whenever I try to login with the default credentials (admin/openmediavault):

Code
    Failed to connect to socket: No such file or directory
    Error #0:exception 'OMV\Rpc\Exception' with message 'Failed to connect to socket: No such file or directory' in /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/rpc.inc:140Stack trace:#0 /var/www/openmediavault/rpc/session.inc(56): OMV\Rpc\Rpc::call('UserMgmt', 'authUser', Array, Array, 2, true)#1 [internal function]: OMVRpcServiceSession->login(Array, Array)#2 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(124): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)#3 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/rpc.inc(86): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->callMethod('login', Array, Array)#4 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/proxy/json.inc(95): OMV\Rpc\Rpc::call('Session', 'login', Array, Array, 3)#5 /var/www/openmediavault/rpc.php(45): OMV\Rpc\Proxy\Json->handle()#6 {main}

I can SSH, but if I run "omv-firstaid" to configure anything, when it tries to update the configuration, for example, changing the admin password or configuring the network interfaces, I get:

Code
    Updating control panel administrator password. Please wait ...
    ERROR: [Errno 2] No such file or directory

If I try to run the engined daemon manually, "omv-engined -d -f" I get this:

Maybe should I reinstall php?

I have no plugins installed (fresh-install), "dpkg -l | grep openm" throws this:

Code
    iU  openmediavault  4.0.9  all  openmediavault - The open network attached storage solution
    ii  openmediavault-keyring  1.0  all  GnuPG archive keys of the OpenMediaVault archive

Any help would be much appreciated, as I am pretty lost to this point...

Thanks in advance.

omv 5.5.23-1 usul arm64

omv 5.5.23-1 usul x64

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von jfromeo ()

• Which platform are you using? Did you manually update the PHP package, because the posix extension is compiled by default: http://php.net/manual/en/posix.installation.php and https://packages.debian.org/st…64/php7.0-common/filelist.

Thank you for the support.

I am using amd64 (click) on an Intel Xeon E3.

Now that you mention it, I may have hit the "Update management" once and uodated all the available packages, right after installing OMV via USB ISO, so I could not enter after the second reboot. But I have not updated anything manually (I would not know how to by the way :D)

Is there anything I could do via SSH?

omv 5.5.23-1 usul arm64

omv 5.5.23-1 usul x64

• I guess it will be easier to just reinstall the system, right?

I see in the downloads section, latest arrakis ISO uploaded is 4.0.9 (click), but in the Update management tab I remember updating to a newer version, like 4.0.13-1 or similar, which was the one making my system unable to log in via WebUI.

Is there any chance that the actual arrakis version could be uploaded to sourceforge to fresh install it as an ISO? Or how often does it get upgraded, in a normal basis? I could wait for it, no problem.

Thanks in advance.

omv 5.5.23-1 usul arm64

omv 5.5.23-1 usul x64

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!