Unable to start Xen VM since upgrade to OMV4

• Hello Community,

i was running OMV3 with Xen-Hypervisor 4.3 (or 4.4, don't remember xD) for some months and all worked like a charm.
    But since i upgraded to OMV4 with Xen-Hypervisor 4.8 i can't boot Xen-VM's.
    I've got the following Errormessage in Virt-Manager: "Libxenlight failed to create Domain "xxxx".
    And in the logs i've got: "Unable to find partition containing kernel".

I tried to clean install with OMV4.0.9 ISO but that changed nothing.
    Doesn't matter if i try to boot a VM per Virt-Manager (SSH) or directly on the Server.

I'm really going to despair...also couldn't find anything in google for this issue, so i hope that you guys can help me! :thumbup:

Hardware:
    ASUS Mainboard
    Intel Xeon X3440
    4GB ECC RAM
    60GB Kingston SSD
    3TB WD NAS-Storage

• I also can not boot KVM/Qemu-VM's, same error.

I installed now a basic Debian 9 and the Xen-Packages. Same error appears :(

Virt-Manager errormessage:
    Installation konnte nicht fertiggestellt werden: «internal error: libxenlight failed to create new domain 'ubuntu16.04'»
    Traceback (most recent call last):
    File "/usr/share/virt-manager/virtManager/asyncjob.py", line 90, in cb_wrapper
    callback(asyncjob, *args, **kwargs)
    File "/usr/share/virt-manager/virtManager/create.py", line 2273, in _do_async_install
    guest.start_install(meter=meter)
    File "/usr/share/virt-manager/virtinst/guest.py", line 501, in start_install
    noboot)
    File "/usr/share/virt-manager/virtinst/guest.py", line 416, in _create_guest
    dom = self.conn.createLinux(start_xml or final_xml, 0)
    File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/libvirt.py", line 3606, in createLinux
    if ret is None:raise libvirtError('virDomainCreateLinux() failed', conn=self)
    libvirtError: internal error: libxenlight failed to create new domain 'ubuntu16.04'

libxl.log:

2017-11-29 19:23:05.124+0000: libxl: libxl_bootloader.c:635:bootloader_finished: bootloader failed - consult logfile /var/log/xen/bootloader.1.log
    2017-11-29 19:23:05.124+0000: libxl: libxl_exec.c:118:libxl_report_child_exitstatus: bootloader [1202] exited with error status 1
    2017-11-29 19:23:05.124+0000: libxl: libxl_create.c:1223:domcreate_rebuild_done: cannot (re-)build domain: -3

bootloader.1.log:

Traceback (most recent call last):
    File "/usr/lib/xen-4.8/bin/pygrub", line 882, in <module>
    raise RuntimeError, "Unable to find partition containing kernel"
    RuntimeError: Unable to find partition containing kernel

maybe someone here is using Xen and can help me... :whistling:

• Yes, i googled the whole internet, but no workaround seems to fit or even to help.
    I don't understand why i can't boot a VM now, but in my first OMV3.* -install without any problems.
    I'm betting it's a tiny thing that solves the issue...

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!