Fresh install - 3.x or 4.x??

• Going to be starting a fresh OMV build to replace my current OMV server. Wondering if I should use 3.x or 4.x version? I see that the 4.0.9 ISO is available on the download page. Does this mean it is out of beta?

• Offizieller Beitrag

No, it is still in beta. The ISO is for developers and testers.

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Ok. So stick with 3.x is what I read from that. Is there a timeline for when 4.x will become the current stable version? Trying to avoid any upgrade issues from 3.x to 4.x if I spend a bunch of time setting up my system under 3.x.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Ok. So stick with 3.x is what I read from that. Is there a timeline for when 4.x will become the current stable version? Trying to avoid any upgrade issues from 3.x to 4.x if I spend a bunch of time setting up my system under 3.x.

"Eventually" 4.X will become stable. When? That remains to be seen. It will come in it's time but the effort has just started - it might be awhile. At this point, there's no set schedule for 4.x to become stable.

The good news is, as it appears, upgrading from 3.X to 4.X will be easier than version upgrades have been in the past.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!