Upgrade from 2.1.19 to 3.xx on N54L

• I have a NAs built in 2015 that has
    HP ProLiant N54L MicroServer NAS 744900-371
    Kingston V300 120GB SSD SATA running OMV
    4 x WD Red 3TB SATA 3.5" HD storage
    ================================================================================
    = OS/Debian information
    ================================================================================
    Distributor ID: debian
    Description: Debian GNU/Linux 7 (wheezy)
    Release: 7.9
    Codename: wheezy
    = openmediavault information
    Release: 2.1.19
    Codename: Stone burner
    = Date
    Wed Nov 29 08:19:41 AEDT 2017
    = Hostname
    OMVserver.local
    = Locale
    en_AU.UTF-8
    = System information
    Linux OMVserver 3.2.0-4-amd64 #1 SMP Debian 3.2.68-1+deb7u6 x86_64 GNU/Linux

I want to get it to feed plex on a Samsung smart TV amongst other things

Am i better to run a fresh install of Jessie then fresh install of OMV3 ? ?(
    Would it run ok or better to use it as a boat anchor and start again? :D

• Offizieller Beitrag

Am i better to run a fresh install of Jessie then fresh install of OMV3 ?

The OMV 2 to 3 upgrade can be challenging. Really depends on what plugins you use and your Linux skill. That said, I still think the fresh install is better.

Would it run ok or better to use it as a boat anchor and start again?

That system will be fine.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• THank you. I will wipe the ssd and load jessie and a fresh install of OMV3.
    I was going to physically remove the hdd's from their slots and give it a cleaq up to remove the dust.
    Am i better to leave the hdd's out until i have loaded jessie and omv on the ssd then put them back in. will they be recognised in new system with data intact?

• found this which says to me dont take the easy way out. copy/backup everything then make the change.

Well 1) I would make sure everything is backed up to begin with before you move. 2) You should move the hard drives over and then once RAID is turned on on the new motherboard it SHOULD hopefully see the old RAID settings and ask to Import the Forign Raid Configure Config.

If you can'd do that you may have to create a new RAID which WILL erase everything. Now just FYI if you don't have a backup of your data NEVER EVER EVER INITIALIZE a RAID! IT WILL ERASE EVERYTHING! You want to REBUILD or RECONSTUCT the RAID. Never Initialize unless you just build it.

• upgrade to 3.0.86 Erasmus with ssd only in N54l
    shutdown then loaded 4HDDs that were in previous version in raid 5
    setup privileges etc in GUI
    can access drives and all info after mounting drives in GUI
    woo hoo. back on line.
    now to play with PLEX

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!