Were are the if... commands in OMV 4.09 /4.13-1

• Hello there,

I'm trying out OMV 4. Since i've a test rack update via GUI to 4.13-1 looked ok. So i went to a clean install of 4.09 and updated that via CLI.
    I punched in ifconfig and got an error "unkown command". The same with ifdown/up
    What happened to the commands? :/

One more thing:
    under Network my Card is not displayed

Frank

• Offizieller Beitrag

I punched in ifconfig and got an error "unkown command". The same with ifdown/up
    What happened to the commands?

Google could tell you this... Debian and most other Linux distros have moved on to the latest generation of tools... man ip
    ifconfig = ip addr

One more thing:
    under Network my Card is not displayed

If you don't have a card configured, OMV doesn't display because there is no config in the database and the system automatically does dhcp for connected NICs (systemd behavior not OMV). You can add it in the Network tab if you want a specific setup.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Hi ryecoaaran,

on my OMV 3.0.93 all this works. I can us the if commands and under network my eth0 shows. I under OMV 4.x I can log in to the WebGUI and play aroud. But eth0 doesn't show up under Interfaces
    Even when the System is release updated to 4.x all this works fine. Only with a clean install 4.09 it doesn't.
    I've a static DHCP lease for the NIC

• Offizieller Beitrag

I can us the if commands

OMV 3 is Debian 8. OMV 4 is Debian 9. The default in Debian 8 is the net-tools package (which has iconfig and is deprecated in Debian9). The default in Debian 9 is the iproute2 package (which has ip).

under network my eth0 shows
    But eth0 doesn't show up under Interfaces

That is just a difference between OMV 3.x and 4.x. You can easily add eth0 using the Add button in OMV 4.x.

Even when the System is release updated to 4.x all this works fine. Only with a clean install 4.09 it doesn't.

When updating to OMV 4.x, the net-tools package is updated since it is still available in Debian 9. So, that is why you have ifconfig. OMV 3.x also writes the network entry to database so of course, it shows up in OMV 4.x.

If you want OMV 4.x to be just like OMV 3.x, apt-get install net-tools and click add in the network tab to add eth0 and select dhcp. problem solved. Just remember that net-tools may not available at some point.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!