Error installing zfs plugin

• >>> *************** Error ***************
    Failed to execute command 'export PATH=/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin; export LANG=C; export DEBIAN_FRONTEND=noninteractive; apt-get --yes --force-yes --fix-missing --allow-unauthenticated --reinstall install openmediavault-zfs 2>&1' with exit code '100': Reading package lists...

Building dependency tree...

Reading state information...

Some packages could not be installed. This may mean that you have
    requested an impossible situation or if you are using the unstable
    distribution that some required packages have not yet been created
    or been moved out of Incoming.
    The following information may help to resolve the situation:

The following packages have unmet dependencies:
    openmediavault-zfs : Depends: zfs-dkms but it is not installable
    Depends: zfsutils-linux but it is not installable or
    zfsutils but it is not installable
    Depends: zfs-zed but it is not installable
    E: Unable to correct problems, you have held broken packages.

Fractal Design Node 304:
    VMWare vSphere 6.5 | OMV4.x on Debian 9 (Stretch): Asrock H270M-ITX - i3-7100 - 16GB DDR4 - 1x 80GB vmdk on Samsung 960 EVO 250GB PCIe NVMe SSD (system drive) - 1x 120GB vmdk on Toshiba 450GB HHD (docker data) - 3x Seagate IronWolf 8TB HDD (RDM physical passthrough, RAID-Z1 Pool)

• I get a "package has no installation candidate" when using the jessie-backports to install the dependencies.

Fractal Design Node 304:
    VMWare vSphere 6.5 | OMV4.x on Debian 9 (Stretch): Asrock H270M-ITX - i3-7100 - 16GB DDR4 - 1x 80GB vmdk on Samsung 960 EVO 250GB PCIe NVMe SSD (system drive) - 1x 120GB vmdk on Toshiba 450GB HHD (docker data) - 3x Seagate IronWolf 8TB HDD (RDM physical passthrough, RAID-Z1 Pool)

2 Mal editiert, zuletzt von cipherbreak ()

• Solved by upgrading to stretch and omv 4

Fractal Design Node 304:

• I had this issue plus I couldn't get it working in OpenMediaVault 4 either. In the end I got it working in Version 3 by doing the following; from the command line:

• Add the backports repository to the sources.list file.
      deb http://ftp.debian.org/debian jessie-backports main
    • Update the package manager cache.
      apt-get update
    • Install the kernel headers.
      apt install linux-headers-$(uname -r)
    • Install the ZFS packages, specifying backports.
      apt-get -t jessie-backports install zfs-dkms zfsutils-linux
    • From the web interface, install the plugin.
  • I am trying to follow your steps wez and I can't see the plugin in the web interface. I have tried all sorts of things to get ZFS installed. More than I can recall. Lot's of web searches and having a hard time finding instructions that appear to apply that I can follow. Your instructions above give me the most hope. At the end I get:
    zfs-dkms is already the newest version.
    zfsutils-linux is already the newest version.

But I don't see the plugin. What is it's name?
    I tried a few variations of your steps, but still I am not seeing it. There may still be something amiss, but at leas I will know what I am looking for.
    Thanks!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!