vSphere and NFSv4 permissions

• Hello!

I was checking out some new possibilities to run my homelab vSphere 6.5 cluster, at first I read about iSCSI support but was disappointed that there was no option once I got OMV installed. After that I decided to just use NFS instead however after spending a whole day trying to configure OMV to accept ESXi I kinda gave up, that's where I am now. (Also reading numerous threads over here but none has the answer)

Problem:
    I can mount and create folders, but deleting or changing anything does not work.
    Looking at OMV ACL I can instantly see the problem, which is that folders being created have different permissions than the root folder.

Can anyone tell me how I can set for example that every folder is created with recursive rights I set on the root? Or maybe set the client IP as a root user on OMV?
    ESXi doesnt use logins or user and it seems to fall under the ACL "Others" but I can find no option to add it to other groups or just set "Others" to RW permissions by default.

I am familiar with security and it will be no problem since it's on an isolated network.

• Right, I actually tried no_root_squash but it appears that the default options all need to be removed too. I only added the no_root_squash option and not remove the rest.

Thanks for the quick replies and help, working like a charm now! :thumbup:

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!