Duplicati time out error on delete

• Hi guys,

I'm having a problem with Duplicati. Here is the problem and resolution:

https://forum.duplicati.com/t/…ails-on-google-drive/1271

I've added the mono repository to my system and tried updating the packages. But now I'm getting dependency issues. See here:

I need to remove mono and re-install the new version, but I'm not comfortable with this and the dependency problems.

Can you give me any advice?

• Offizieller Beitrag

mono is a pain to remove due to the number of packages and the number of ways it can be installed. I would look at the list of packages that might be mono with: dpkg -l | grep mono and remove the packages that look like mono with apt-get purge replace_me_with_package_name

Installing a plugin that needs mono will reinstall the packages you need.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• mono is a pain to remove due to the number of packages and the number of ways it can be installed. I would look at the list of packages that might be mono with: dpkg -l | grep mono and remove the packages that look like mono with apt-get purge replace_me_with_package_name

Installing a plugin that needs mono will reinstall the packages you need.

Thanks, ryecoaaron! I think I will make a backup and have a go at it.

• Installing a plugin that needs mono will reinstall the packages you need.

But that's one of the problems. On the Duplicati wiki they say that it is best to use the Mono supplied Debian packages instead of the ones in APT. The old packages of APT are probably the cause of my problems with my backups.

https://github.com/duplicati/d…i/SSL-TLS-support-in-Mono

So I need to uninstall all mono packages and install those supplied by Mono.

Do you foresee any problems with that?

Can you maybe integrate this in the plugin?

Thanks.

• Offizieller Beitrag

So I need to uninstall all mono packages and install those supplied by Mono.

Uninstall, yes. Install manually, no. You just need to enable the mono-project repo and installing the plugin will use the packages from that repo because they are a higher version.

Do you foresee any problems with that?

Nope

Can you maybe integrate this in the plugin?

Nope. Not possible. All the plugin can do is set a dependency on duplicati which has a dependency on mono. If the mono project repo isn't enabled before installing the plugin, it will use the Debian packages. If it is enabled, then it will use the mono packages from there.

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

• Uninstall, yes. Install manually, no. You just need to enable the mono-project repo and installing the plugin will use the packages from that repo because they are a higher version.

Nope

Nope. Not possible. All the plugin can do is set a dependency on duplicati which has a dependency on mono. If the mono project repo isn't enabled before installing the plugin, it will use the Debian packages. If it is enabled, then it will use the mono packages from there.

OK, thanks a lot! I hope this will work.

• Offizieller Beitrag

I'm not sure it is already stable enough.

I think using OMV 4.x is the equivalent of using the mono project repo. The nice thing about OMV 4.x is that the mono packages are probably new enough that you don't need the mono project repos.

• The upgrade didn't go without problems, but in the end it resolved my issue with Duplicati. Thanks again!

Care to mention what these problems were and if they were a pain to get around? I'm having the same issue as I now have multiple versions of backups and when I go to delete old versions, I get time out errors and it tells me to rebuild my database.

Case: U-NAS NSC-810
    Motherboard: ASRock - C236 WSI Mini ITX
    CPU: Core i7-6700
    Memory: 32GB Crucial DDR4-2133

• Care to mention what these problems were and if they were a pain to get around? I'm having the same issue as I now have multiple versions of backups and when I go to delete old versions, I get time out errors and it tells me to rebuild my database.

The upgrade of Duplicati wasn't really a problem, that was with OMV. I didn't have the problems you describe. Unfortunately I can't help you with that.

• The upgrade of Duplicati wasn't really a problem, that was with OMV. I didn't have the problems you describe. Unfortunately I can't help you with that.

It's all good, I meant in regards to upgrading mono, but I found a guide that made it relatively painless. I'll leave the steps here for what I did to my machine in case anyone else has this problem with duplicati in the future.

sudo apt-key adv --keyserver hkp://keyserver.ubuntu.com:80 --recv-keys 3FA7E0328081BFF6A14DA29AA6A19B38D3D831EF

echo "deb http://download.mono-project.com/repo/debian stable-jessie main" | sudo tee /etc/apt/sources.list.d/mono-official-stable.list

sudo apt-get update

Case: U-NAS NSC-810
    Motherboard: ASRock - C236 WSI Mini ITX
    CPU: Core i7-6700
    Memory: 32GB Crucial DDR4-2133

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!