Duplicati time out error on delete

• OMV 3.x
    • Resolved

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Duplicati time out error on delete

Hi guys,

I'm having a problem with Duplicati. Here is the problem and resolution:

forum.duplicati.com/t/file-delete-fails-on-google-drive/1271

I've added the mono repository to my system and tried updating the packages. But now I'm getting dependency issues. See here:

Display Spoiler
      >>> *************** Error ***************
      Failed to execute command 'export PATH=/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin; export LANG=C; export DEBIAN_FRONTEND=noninteractive; apt-get --yes --force-yes --fix-missing --auto-remove --allow-unauthenticated --show-upgraded --option DPkg::Options::="--force-confold" install binutils cli-common curl duplicati smbclient samba-vfs-modules samba-libs samba-dsdb-modules samba-common-bin samba-common samba python-samba openssl openmediavault-duplicati openmediavault-backup openmediavault openjdk-7-jre-headless monodoc-manual monodoc-gtk2.0-manual gtk-sharp2-examples gtk-sharp2-gapi imagemagick-common libappindicator0.1-cil libcurl3 libcurl3-gnutls libglade2.0-cil libglade2.0-cil-dev libglib2.0-cil libglib2.0-cil-dev libgtk2.0-cil libgtk2.0-cil-dev libjs-xmlextras libmagickcore-6.q16-2 libmagickwand-6.q16-2 libmono-2.0-1 libmono-cecil-private-cil libmono-csharp4.0c-cil libmono-data-tds4.0-cil libmono-messaging4.0-cil libmono-microsoft-csharp4.0-cil libmono-posix2.0-cil libmono-posix4.0-cil libmono-security2.0-cil libmono-sharpzip4.84-cil libmono-sqlite4.0-cil libmono-system-configuration-install4.0-cil libmono-system-core4.0-cil libmono-system-data4.0-cil libmono-system-drawing4.0-cil libmono-system-enterpriseservices4.0-cil libmono-system-identitymodel-selectors4.0-cil libmono-system-identitymodel4.0-cil libmono-system-messaging4.0-cil libmono-system-net-http-webrequest4.0-cil libmono-system-net-http4.0-cil libmono-system-net4.0-cil libmono-system-runtime-serialization-formatters-soap4.0-cil libmono-system-runtime-serialization4.0-cil libmono-system-servicemodel-activation4.0-cil libmono-system-servicemodel-discovery4.0-cil libmono-system-servicemodel4.0a-cil libmono-system-serviceprocess4.0-cil libmono-system-transactions4.0-cil libmono-system-web-applicationservices4.0-cil libmono-system-web-services4.0-cil libmono-system-web4.0-cil libmono-system-windows-forms4.0-cil libmono-system-xml-linq4.0-cil libmono-system2.0-cil libmono-web4.0-cil libmono-webbrowser4.0-cil libmonoboehm-2.0-1 libmonosgen-2.0-1 libpq5 libsmbclient libssl1.0.0 libwbclient0 libwebkit1.1-cil libxml-libxml-perl linux-image-4.9.0-0.bpo.4-amd64 linux-image-amd64 monodoc-base monodoc-browser gtk-sharp2 2>&1' with exit code '100': Reading package lists...

Building dependency tree...

Reading state information...

libappindicator0.1-cil is already the newest version.
      libappindicator0.1-cil set to manually installed.
      libmono-posix2.0-cil is already the newest version.
      libmono-posix2.0-cil set to manually installed.
      libmono-security2.0-cil is already the newest version.
      libmono-security2.0-cil set to manually installed.
      libmono-web4.0-cil is already the newest version.
      libmono-web4.0-cil set to manually installed.
      libwebkit1.1-cil is already the newest version.
      libwebkit1.1-cil set to manually installed.
      duplicati is already the newest version.
      duplicati set to manually installed.
      openmediavault-duplicati is already the newest version.
      Some packages could not be installed. This may mean that you have
      requested an impossible situation or if you are using the unstable
      distribution that some required packages have not yet been created
      or been moved out of Incoming.
      The following information may help to resolve the situation:

The following packages have unmet dependencies:
      gtk-sharp2-examples : Depends: libmono-corlib4.5-cil (>= 4.0.0~alpha1) but 3.2.8+dfsg-10 is to be installed
      gtk-sharp2-gapi : Depends: libc6 (>= 2.24) but 2.19-18+deb8u10 is to be installed or
      libc6.1 (>= 2.24) but it is not installable or
      libc0.1 (>= 2.24) but it is not installable
      Depends: libmono-corlib4.5-cil (>= 4.0.0~alpha1) but 3.2.8+dfsg-10 is to be installed
      Depends: libmono-system-xml4.0-cil (>= 3.12.0) but 3.2.8+dfsg-10 is to be installed
      libglade2.0-cil : Depends: libmono-corlib4.5-cil (>= 4.0.0~alpha1) but 3.2.8+dfsg-10 is to be installed
      libglib2.0-cil : Depends: libglib2.0-0 (>= 2.50.3) but 2.42.1-1+b1 is to be installed
      Depends: libmono-corlib4.5-cil (>= 4.0.0~alpha1) but 3.2.8+dfsg-10 is to be installed
      Depends: libmono-system4.0-cil (>= 4.0.0~alpha1) but 3.2.8+dfsg-10 is to be installed
      libgtk2.0-cil : Depends: libatk1.0-0 (>= 2.22.0) but 2.14.0-1 is to be installed
      Depends: libgdk-pixbuf2.0-0 (>= 2.36.5) but 2.31.1-2+deb8u6 is to be installed
      Depends: libglib2.0-0 (>= 2.50.3) but 2.42.1-1+b1 is to be installed
      Depends: libpango-1.0-0 (>= 1.40.5) but 1.36.8-3 is to be installed
      Depends: libpangocairo-1.0-0 (>= 1.40.5) but 1.36.8-3 is to be installed
      libmono-cecil-private-cil : Depends: libmono-corlib4.5-cil (>= 4.0.0~alpha1) but 3.2.8+dfsg-10 is to be installed
      Depends: libmono-system4.0-cil (>= 4.0.0~alpha1) but 3.2.8+dfsg-10 is to be installed
      libmono-csharp4.0c-cil : Depends: libc6 (>= 2.24) but 2.19-18+deb8u10 is to be installed or
      libc6.1 (>= 2.24) but it is not installable or
      libc0.1 (>= 2.24) but it is not installable

I need to remove mono and re-install the new version, but I'm not comfortable with this and the dependency problems.

Can you give me any advice?
    • mono is a pain to remove due to the number of packages and the number of ways it can be installed. I would look at the list of packages that might be mono with: dpkg -l | grep mono and remove the packages that look like mono with apt-get purge replace_me_with_package_name

Installing a plugin that needs mono will reinstall the packages you need.
      omv 4.1.4 arrakis | 64 bit | 4.15 backports kernel | omvextrasorg 4.1.3
      omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github.com/OpenMediaVault-Plugin-Developers

Please read this before posting a question.
      Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!
    • ryecoaaron wrote:

mono is a pain to remove due to the number of packages and the number of ways it can be installed. I would look at the list of packages that might be mono with: dpkg -l | grep mono and remove the packages that look like mono with apt-get purge replace_me_with_package_name

Thanks, ryecoaaron! I think I will make a backup and have a go at it.
    • ryecoaaron wrote:

But that's one of the problems. On the Duplicati wiki they say that it is best to use the Mono supplied Debian packages instead of the ones in APT. The old packages of APT are probably the cause of my problems with my backups.

github.com/duplicati/duplicati/wiki/SSL-TLS-support-in-Mono

So I need to uninstall all mono packages and install those supplied by Mono.

Do you foresee any problems with that?

Can you maybe integrate this in the plugin?

Thanks.

The post was edited 1 time, last by RHCPNG ().

• RHCPNG wrote:

Uninstall, yes. Install manually, no. You just need to enable the mono-project repo and installing the plugin will use the packages from that repo because they are a higher version.

RHCPNG wrote:

Nope

RHCPNG wrote:

Nope. Not possible. All the plugin can do is set a dependency on duplicati which has a dependency on mono. If the mono project repo isn't enabled before installing the plugin, it will use the Debian packages. If it is enabled, then it will use the mono packages from there.
      omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github.com/OpenMediaVault-Plugin-Developers

• ryecoaaron wrote:

RHCPNG wrote:

Uninstall, yes. Install manually, no. You just need to enable the mono-project repo and installing the plugin will use the packages from that repo because they are a higher version.

RHCPNG wrote:

Nope

RHCPNG wrote:

Nope. Not possible. All the plugin can do is set a dependency on duplicati which has a dependency on mono. If the mono project repo isn't enabled before installing the plugin, it will use the Debian packages. If it is enabled, then it will use the mono packages from there.
      OK, thanks a lot! I hope this will work.
    • RHCPNG wrote:

I'm not sure it is already stable enough.
      I think using OMV 4.x is the equivalent of using the mono project repo. The nice thing about OMV 4.x is that the mono packages are probably new enough that you don't need the mono project repos.

• RHCPNG wrote:

The upgrade didn't go without problems, but in the end it resolved my issue with Duplicati. Thanks again!
      Care to mention what these problems were and if they were a pain to get around? I'm having the same issue as I now have multiple versions of backups and when I go to delete old versions, I get time out errors and it tells me to rebuild my database.
      Case: U-NAS NSC-810
      Motherboard: ASRock - C236 WSI Mini ITX
      CPU: Core i7-6700
      Memory: 32GB Crucial DDR4-2133
    • elastic wrote:

RHCPNG wrote:

The upgrade didn't go without problems, but in the end it resolved my issue with Duplicati. Thanks again!
      Care to mention what these problems were and if they were a pain to get around? I'm having the same issue as I now have multiple versions of backups and when I go to delete old versions, I get time out errors and it tells me to rebuild my database.
      The upgrade of Duplicati wasn't really a problem, that was with OMV. I didn't have the problems you describe. Unfortunately I can't help you with that.
    • RHCPNG wrote:

elastic wrote:

RHCPNG wrote:

The upgrade of Duplicati wasn't really a problem, that was with OMV. I didn't have the problems you describe. Unfortunately I can't help you with that.

It's all good, I meant in regards to upgrading mono, but I found a guide that made it relatively painless. I'll leave the steps here for what I did to my machine in case anyone else has this problem with duplicati in the future.

http://www.mono-project.com/download/stable/#download-lin-debian wrote:

sudo apt-key adv --keyserver hkp://keyserver.ubuntu.com:80 --recv-keys 3FA7E0328081BFF6A14DA29AA6A19B38D3D831EF

echo "deb download.mono-project.com/repo/debian stable-jessie main" | sudo tee /etc/apt/sources.list.d/mono-official-stable.list

sudo apt-get update
      Case: U-NAS NSC-810
      Motherboard: ASRock - C236 WSI Mini ITX
      CPU: Core i7-6700
      Memory: 32GB Crucial DDR4-2133