Followed instructions for Samba folder share - doesn't work from Win machine

• Instructions
    (Fresh install of OMV)
    I followed the above instructions except I skipped the symlink part. For the life of me, I cannot samba into any of my new shares.

• Create a user "steve-w"
    • Create a shared folder
    • Privileges & Acl settings I check read/write for steve-w
    • Enable SMB
    • Select above shared folder (leaving everything default)

On my PC, I've tried both Start > Run > server ip & maping the drive. When I mess with the "Public" option, sometimes I can see the 2 shared folders, but it won't let me in to browse. It does ask for name/pass, but it wont accept any sort of combination. servername/steve-w or just steve-w or

My samba.conf contains:

• I have similar problem.

SMB/CIFS and NFS show on Fedora but cant connect to them

But in your case i would suggest to try out sharing on some other free NAS solutions like FreeNAS, NAS4Free, Xpenology, Rockstor, Openfiler (pick one of them) first. Because Windows sharing services are really REALLY unpredictable even in case of sharing in windows only environment. I tried FreeNAS and samba worked like a charm there so it ensured me that problem is on OMV side, not clients (Windows, Fedora) side. I cant use FreeNAS because it needs at least 8GB ram which i dont have and im not willing to buy.
    But your case may be different. If other nas os wont work the same way, then it means that it may be a problem with your Windows PC or other devices (router?).

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!