PlexPy working in OMV4.X?

• OMV 4.x (testing)

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• PlexPy working in OMV4.X?

I am running OMV 4.0.14-1 arrakis and PlexPy seems to be not running.

I have enabled the installation and running options in the Plex plugin tab.

But whenever I try to access the IP:port where the web service is supposed to be running (8182 as default) there is no service running as I get a 404 page.

In 3.X erasmus it was working and I have a lot of notifications configured (telegram/mail) running like a charm.

How could I chek if the service is running? I cannot find it under the Processes tab.

Thanks in advance.

PD: I tried

Source Code

1. systemctl enable plexpy

But still not working
      || omv 4.0.14 | kernel 4.9.0 | omvextrasorg 4.1.0 ||

The post was edited 1 time, last by jfromeo ().

• I tried the following:

- Ensure that there is a plexpy.service in /lib/systemd/system path
      - systemctl daemon-reload
      - systemctl enable plexpy.service
      - systemctl start plexpy.service

And I get the following error:

Source Code

1. ● plexpy.service - PlexPy - Stats for Plex Media Server usage
      2. Loaded: loaded (/lib/systemd/system/plexpy.service; enabled; vendor preset: enabled)
      3. Active: failed (Result: exit-code) since Wed 2017-12-06 16:35:11 CET; 26s ago
      4. Process: 28589 ExecStart=/opt/plexpy/PlexPy.py --quiet --daemon --nolaunch --config /opt/plexpy/config.ini --datadir /opt/plexpy (code=exited, status=217/USER)
      5. CPU: 0
      6. dic 06 16:35:11 olmos13nas systemd[1]: Starting PlexPy - Stats for Plex Media Server usage...
      7. dic 06 16:35:11 olmos13nas systemd[1]: plexpy.service: Control process exited, code=exited status=217
      8. dic 06 16:35:11 olmos13nas systemd[1]: Failed to start PlexPy - Stats for Plex Media Server usage.
      9. dic 06 16:35:11 olmos13nas systemd[1]: plexpy.service: Unit entered failed state.
      10. dic 06 16:35:11 olmos13nas systemd[1]: plexpy.service: Failed with result 'exit-code'.
      Display All
      PD: I manually created the user "plexpy" and now it does not give error at the moment of starting, but I still do not get any webUI.

The process is working in the background:

Source Code

1. 6695 plexpy 20 0 986760 43440 8096 S 0.0 0.1 0:00.51 python
      || omv 4.0.14 | kernel 4.9.0 | omvextrasorg 4.1.0 ||

The post was edited 1 time, last by jfromeo ().

• I didn't add the plexpy stuff to the plugin and have no idea how to even test it. So, the code probably needs to be updated (or removed and put in its own plugin).
      omv 4.0.17 arrakis | 64 bit | 4.14 backports kernel | omvextrasorg 4.1.2
      omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github.com/OpenMediaVault-Plugin-Developers

Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!
    • Also changed back to docker for plex and plexpy in arrakis, but got plexpy working 100% before together with openmediavault-plexmediaserver:

Install the plex plugin as usual, enable plexpy with port 8181. Then:

First:

Source Code

1. sudo adduser --system --no-create-home plexpy
      2. sudo chown plexpy:nogroup -R /opt/plexpy

Second:

Source Code

1. - systemctl enable plexpy
      2. - systemctl start plexpy
      HP Microserver Gen8 - 16GB RAM - 1x Kingston 30 GB SSD - 4x 3TB WD Red / Raid-Z1 - OMV 4.0.1x bare metal - Docker running Plex - Synology DS214 with 1x 4TB WD Red for rsync backup