Raspberry Pi 3, no audio (OMV 3.0.94)

• Hello there!

I'm new to the OMV community. Just today I received my Raspberry Pi 3 which I intended to use as a Time Machine backup server. I was really amazed by the incredible easy setup, with no screen or keyboard connected to the Pi at any time. I also added some SMB shares as well as enabling ssh.
    I tried installing the OMV Shairport plugin, and the device was directly found from my Mac (which I use for sharing the internet connection using ethernet, right now). However the Pi did not output anything using the headphone jack. I thought that the plugin might be depreciated so I uninstalled it and installed shairport-sync from the Debian repository using ssh. However I ended up with no audio again. I started digging and tried setting the Pi's audio device using amixer from the alsa-utils package but the amixer command just failed. Now I do not know any further. It would be great if someone could point me into the right direction of how to output audio via the headphone jack from a Raspberry Pi using OMV.

Best MacPi

(PS.: Next step is to get wlan working because enabling it from the web interface and setting up the SSID and PW just wasn't enough.)

• did you manage to solve this? I'm having the same problem. I did aplay -l and it presented no results so I think the OMV Raspberry Pi image doesn't include audio drivers.

• I did, but I do nor recall exactly how. I remember that installing alsa-utils via apt using ssh was involved. Additionally I recommend installing shhairport-sync using ssh rather than the OMV shairport package as it offers several advantages including synced audio (eg. for movies).

Edit:
    Installing a DAC might be worthful for improved audio quality.
    https://www.hifiberry.com/shop…erry-dacplus-rca-version/

Edit2:
    Though not meant as a guide this website might be helpful:
    https://sites.google.com/site/semilleroadt/home/raspberry-pi

• geaves

Hat das Thema geschlossen.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!