SMB/CIFS and NFS show on Fedora but cant connect to them

• I already tried OMV and failed to setup shares. Yesterday i wiped out disk and installed FreeNAS and setup it almost the same way as described below and it worked perfectly. Fedora recognised shares, i connected to them, Nautilus popped up login window and i was in. In Window 7 wirtual machine was the same - windows shown FreeNAS share on Network Area, i clicked, login windows has shown, and i logged in with credentials. No problem with anything.
    But i dont want to buy additional RAM to feed beefy FreeNAS. Xpenology, Rockstor - they dont have Syncthing on their plugin list which i want to use as clouds replacement. Nor NappIT(OpenIndiana) or ZFSguru which seem to me kind of hipsterish.

So i wil try second time with OMV. Im ready to go but please tell me first if i was doing something wrong in the first time. I was following this tutorial

Externer Inhalt www.youtube.com
    Inhalte von externen Seiten werden ohne Ihre Zustimmung nicht automatisch geladen und angezeigt.
    Durch die Aktivierung der externen Inhalte erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass personenbezogene Daten an Drittplattformen übermittelt werden. Mehr Informationen dazu haben wir in unserer Datenschutzerklärung zur Verfügung gestellt.

Here what i did ...

1. Created user1 with password
    2. Created group1, added user1 to it.
    3. Created shared folder - SHARE
    4. Gave r/w permissions for group1 and user1 for SHARE
    5. Went to NFS, added SHARE, gave 192.168.1.0/24 and read write permissions
    6. Turned on NFS daemon
    7. Went to samba shares, added SHARE, left workgroup as WORKGROUP, turned daemon on

On Fedora shares showed up instantly, but when i wanted to connect to them instead of login window i was getting "cant connect to server". Both for NFS shares or CIFS. I tried to connect the "by hand" by issuing \\user1@192.168.1.90 in Nautilus "connect" field but i was getting the same message. In windows 7 i havent seen any share and writing \\192.168.1.90 in file manager adress field gave me same results "Cant conect to a server, check for possible solution here ... bla bla bla".

So, where i was wrong?

PS. I was thinking that maybe running NFS and CIFS for the same folder was causing a problems. But i did such setup on pure Debian (no GUI) at Dell FX160, except that user hadnt any password and shares were set on 777. And it worked without any problems for a year and 1 month. I was also trying to run only one of them at once. Didnt help.

• I set priviliges both for user and its group (to be sure) as read/write both in PRIVILIGES window and ACL window. In fact i was using this tutorial (newest) not previous one (older). Sorry for confusion.

Externer Inhalt www.youtube.com
    Inhalte von externen Seiten werden ohne Ihre Zustimmung nicht automatisch geladen und angezeigt.
    Durch die Aktivierung der externen Inhalte erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass personenbezogene Daten an Drittplattformen übermittelt werden. Mehr Informationen dazu haben wir in unserer Datenschutzerklärung zur Verfügung gestellt.

• Ok, ive just installed OMV again. And this time CIFS shares worked as supposed to. But i did it little bit diffrent.

1. I made user1 (with default USERS group, didnt add new group)
    2. Made share UDOSTEPNIONE with 775 permissions
    3. Set PRIVILIGES to R/W for user1 and ...
    4. (most important i think) went to ACL and change ownership from root to user1
    5. Set 770 permissions in ACL
    The rest steps are the same. I haven setup NFS share yet. Also i left language in english, not my native (Polish).

Now i have to setup NFS share on the same folder (because NFS is faster for my LibreELEC@RPi2) and i have to set transmission to download to that folder and set write permissions for it.

So ill report progress here.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!