Cannot mount remote SMB/CIFS share (running OMV / RapsPi 3)

• Hello,

OMV is running on a RapsPi 3

Code
    root@raspberrypi:~# uname -a
    Linux raspberrypi 4.9.41-v7+ #1023 SMP Tue Aug 8 16:00:15 BST 2017 armv7l GNU/Linux

I tried to mount (via OMV remote mount Web I/F) an external SMB share (it can be mounted with a Win7 machine, physically want to mount a FritzBox NAS share);
    OMV reports:

Code
    mount error: cifs filesystem not supported by the system mount 
    error(19): No such device Refer to the mount.cifs(8) manual page (e.g. man mount.cifs)

When trying it on the command line, I got a similar message. It seems, that the cifs kernel module could not be loaded.
    Trying modprobe results in

Code
    root@raspberrypi:~# modprobe cifs
    modprobe: ERROR: ../libkmod/libkmod.c:557 kmod_search_moddep() could not open moddep file '/lib/modules/4.9.41-v7+/modules.dep.bin'

The requested dir obviously does not exist; /lib/modules contains 4.11.2-pi64+ and 4.9.35-v7+ only.
    However, this image was downloaded from the OMV website; did I miss something? Or am I totally looking into the wrong direction?

Thanks for help.

• However, this image was downloaded from the OMV website; did I miss something?

You missed patience.

Start over again and give your Pi at least half an hour. The reasons are written at the download page (installation will finish at first boot which needs Internet connection and... patience especially if you run off a slow/crappy SD card as the majority of users :) )

• Thanks!

It was running quite a few days with wired internet connection (admitted, the SD card is not the fastest one). and also was rebooted some times. But it could happen, that initially it missed the internet - initially found out a scrappy LAN cable, which I have now exchanged, but this happened a few days ago.

When experienced that CIFS issue, I did the standard "apt-get update", "apt-get upgrade", "apt-get dist-upgrade", which updated some packages and claims now being fine, but the error still persists. OMV also claims to be up to date (System -> Updates). Rechecked that today.

Is there anything I can check / do manually (specific packages)?

• Normally this firstrun script should be able to recover from such situations and eventually install all the needed stuff on subsequents boots. But from time to time this doesn't happen for reasons I don't fully understand.

Anyway: next step would be to check with 'raspimon' whether your Pi suffers from underpowering... just to be sure...

• Power is stable (Vcore = 1.28V, constant, Health State all zero) while copying on 100 Mbps wire speed onto the disks.

I have currently 2 2.5" HDDs (2nd added this evening) running on the Pi (2 TB WD Passport USB direct [Pi has 5.1V/2.5A], 1 TB Intenso powered via USB Hub [5V/1A]). Without the hub, one 2.5" HDD is fine; the current peak when spinning up two disks will cause problems.
    R/W Performance is as expected (limited only by the 100 Mbps wire speed).

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!