Vulnerability Audit

• Hi,

I am using a AMV 3 server where I have several CIFS Volumes. we're auditing out resources for vulnerabilties. In one of the Vulnerability Audits we've been reported that our OMV server is vulnerable to "CIFS NULL Session". So we were suggested to add these lines in OMV settings:

Samba on Linux
    Restrict anonymous access
    To restrict anonymous access to Samba, modify your "smb.conf" settings as follows:

guest account = nobody
    restrict anonymous = 1

Note: Make sure you do NOT list a user "nobody" in your password file.

Do you think there would be no side effects so that shares are not accessible to network users etc. ?

Best Regards,
    Kerem E.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Do you think there would be nay side effects so the shares are not accessible to network users ?

guest account = nobody is already set in the smb.conf for omv. Setting restrict anonymous would break the feature that some people want so shares can be accessed by anonymous users. Will it affect your setup? Try it.

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• guest account = nobody is already set in the smb.conf for omv. Setting restrict anonymous would break the feature that some people want so shares can be accessed by anonymous users. Will it affect your setup? Try it.

Thank you this is the answer I was looking for. I mean would it break anything for the operation.. I'll try and see :)

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!