The session timeout set to 0 does *not* disable automatic logout in general preferences

• Hi there,
    in the section "General Preferences" I set session timeout to 0 expecting the the automatic logut to be disabled. In/etc/openmediavault/config.xml I find this section:

Code
    <!-- Web administration configuration - Do not add any configuration here -->
      <webadmin>
        <port>80</port>
        <enablessl>0</enablessl>
        <sslport>443</sslport>
        <forcesslonly>0</forcesslonly>
        <sslcertificateref></sslcertificateref>
        <timeout>0</timeout>
      </webadmin>

So it seems ok for me. However, after a few minutes (I did not count it) of inactivity I am getting logged out from the OMV GUI. After rebooting the OMV system the situation does not change.
    Has someone a hint for me how to disable automatic logout?
    Thanks in advance,
    topi

OpenMediaVault 6.x (most recent stable version) -- 64 bit -- OMV-Extras 6.x (most recent stable version) -- Default Kernel

• thanks @Wolf2000 and @votdev for your hints.
    I emptied the browser cache several times and I applied the settings change after pressing the save button. I even moved to a PC which has not had any contact to my OMV Erasmus system before. Unfortunately the issue remains. Meanwhile I could count the minutes after the OMV session in the web GUI times out: it is 5 minutes.
    It seems to me that value <timeout>0</timeout> in the config.xml is not taken in account. However, you may have some more hints for me?
    Thanks,
    topi

OpenMediaVault 6.x (most recent stable version) -- 64 bit -- OMV-Extras 6.x (most recent stable version) -- Default Kernel

• Hi there,
    meanwhile I realized that "5 minutes" is the default value for the timeout. However, I still have not found a solution for the issue. Perhaps someone wants to share a solution or a hint on how to disable the automatic session timeout?
    Thanks in advance,
    topi

• Thanks votdev for the instructions. Here the output of the command:

Bash
    # omv-confdbadm read --prettify "conf.webadmin"
    {
        "enablessl": false,
        "forcesslonly": false,
        "port": 80,
        "sslcertificateref": "",
        "sslport": 443,
        "timeout": 0
    }

I hope this helps to track down the issue.
    Thanks,
    topi

• Thanks votdev for diving into this issue.
    52% of my root file system are used. Following your suggestion, I took a look into /var/log/nginx/openmediavault-webgui_error.log and yes, I find several, repeating error messages there (see below).
    The permissions are:

Bash
    -rw-r--r--  1 root root  1167 May  5  2017 configdirtyexception.inc
    -rw-r--r--  1 root root 15279 May  5  2017 configobject.inc
    -rw-r--r--  1 root root 18383 May  5  2017 databasebackend.inc
    -rw-r--r--  1 root root  9297 Dec  1 15:32 databasebackendquerybuilder.inc
    -rw-r--r--  1 root root  1036 May  5  2017 databaseexception.inc
    -rw-r--r--  1 root root 16513 May  5  2017 database.inc
    -rw-r--r--  1 root root 11730 May  5  2017 datamodel.inc

How would I fix the permission (?) issue which is mentioned there?
    Thanks in advance,
    topi

2 Mal editiert, zuletzt von topi ()

• Dear votdev,
    thank you very much for getting in this issue and finally fix it.
    It was:

Bash
    -rw-r-----   1 root           root                  55419 Dec 10 11:42 config.xml

After applying your fixes (updating database permissions) it is:

Bash
    -rw-rw----   1 root           openmediavault-config 66344 Dec 14 15:16 config.xml

No more error messages in /var/log/nginx/openmediavault-webgui_error.log and setting the session timeout to 0 disables the timeout now as intended :)

• Dear votdev,
    thank you very much for getting in this issue and finally fix it.
    It was:

Bash
    -rw-r-----   1 root           root                  55419 Dec 10 11:42 config.xml

After applying your fixes (updating database permissions) it is:

Bash
    -rw-rw----   1 root           openmediavault-config 66344 Dec 14 15:16 config.xml

Hi topi - I can see that I need to fix permissions of config.xml, but do you remember the exact command you used as I can't figure it out (sorry but a Windows person).

• Offizieller Beitrag

I can see that I need to fix permissions of config.xml, but do you remember the exact command you used as I can't figure it out (sorry but a Windows person).

chown root:openmediavault-config /etc/openmediavault/config.xml
    chmod 660 /etc/openmediavault/config.xml

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!