remote repartition via SystemRescueCD at system HDD

• Dear all,

at the moment I´m setting up my new OMV-device.
    I´ve used a german tutorial from Technikaffe to build up OMV (4.0.14).

Sadly I´ve noticed that I´ve to do a repartition from my system device to use the empty space. That was one of the last bullet points at the tutorial.

I´ve used pretty new server hardware. But there´s a small problem. To do some maintenance for example via a live cd I´ve to remove a grafic card from another mashine and plug it in into my server, because the server does not have any graphic chip. To set it up first I´ve done this that way. Pretty ugly!

I´ve noticed that´s possible to boot up SystemRescueCD. There I could use Gparted to do the job. But when I use "boot SystemRescueCD once" the system restarts and that´s it. There´s no DHCP-request at my router. No way to get any SSH-Connection.
    When I manually restart the system after no response it´s going to boot normal @ OMV.

Is there any way to use gparted remote?

Thx in advance!

Kind regards!

• Did not work remotly. Therefore I´ve done the job via replacing the gpu.
    The repartition worked well. But now the machine is not available for the web browser.
    There is a dhcp request at my router. But if try to conect to the ip the page is not available. :/

EDIT: I´ve to correct my posting. There´s no dhcp request any more.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!