HC-1 with OMV doesn't show up on IP Scan

• Hi guys:

I purchased an Odroid HC-1 a couple of months ago and am finally trying to get it set up. I must warn you I am a complete Linux noob and know very little about the opperating system. So, treat me gently. I have also searched this and a dozen other forums and infomation on this little beast seems scarcer than hens teeth.

I have a 16GB SD card, which I formatted and loaded the latest OMV build for the HC-1, OMV_3_0_92_Odroidxu4_4.9.61.img.xz using Etcher.

All seems to have went well, but using Angry IP scanner I cannot see the HC-1 on my network. I have reburned the image a couple of times, but still no success. I have also rebooted the HC-1 by unplugging the power for several minutes with no effect. I waited more than the recommended 15 minutes for the image to load on the HC-1 before trying a scan.

I have the HC-1 plugged into my network vi a 1GB switch. Neither my router or Angry IP see the device.

Any suggestions?

• Yes, sorry, I should have put that in...

Yes, the red led comes on with power, the green one comes on indicating a drive is attached, and the blue one comes on solid at power up, then begins the heartbeat double blink.

Everything appears normal, and Etcher reports that the checksum is correct.

• My only ideas are then checking download integrity (Md5/SHA1 values on download page) and using Hardkernel's Ubuntu image with 4.14 kernel and see whether this works.

If images using the old 3.x kernel work while those with 4.x don't it might be also a power supply issue (I hope you already tried booting with disconnected SATA disk?)

• My only ideas are then checking download integrity (Md5/SHA1 values on download page) and using Hardkernel's Ubuntu image with 4.14 kernel and see whether this works.

If images using the old 3.x kernel work while those with 4.x don't it might be also a power supply issue (I hope you already tried booting with disconnected SATA disk?)

I will check the image, and I will also check to see whether Ubuntu works.

Headless systems are a pain in the kister.

Power should not be an issue, the unit comes with a 5V 4A power adapter which should be way more than enough.

Thanks, I'll let you know how it works out. I am starting to suspect a problem with the hardware.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!