Printing with SMB shared printer - cannot add printer

• Hi,
    I have openmediavault 3.0.92 running on regular x86-64 PC based on 775 platform. What I am trying to achieve is to get hassle-free printing working.

I managed to configure printer and driver sharing with combination of Samba and CUPS. Everything works great on my laptop which is Lenovo T460 with customized Windows 7 Enterprise (computer came with windows preinstalled by my employer as it is my work machine. Maybe it has some modifications done with printing): I navigated through Network > FORTELLER-NAS > right-click on my printer and connect. Driver has downloaded and installed correctly and I could print right away.

With my own computer with Windows 10 x64 1703 I can't even start driver installation. When I follow procedure mentioned above, I get Cannot Connect to Printer error with code 0x00000002 as soon as I click "Connect". Going through Add Printer dialog and "Select a shared printer by name" option gives me the same error, but when I change domain name (FORTELLER-NAS) to ip address in address field installation starts, I am getting "Looking for a driver" dialog and when "Finishing installation" appears I get "Adding the printer connection failed - The server print spooler service is not running".

When I start Print Management dialog, I can add my NAS as print server and navigate through all fields which all looks ok. I see drivers which I added previously, Samba Print Port and my printer of course.

On the server side I made sure that spoolssd is working.

However, when I add my printer using Internet Printing Protocol all is working fine. All I have to do is to provide the driver separately and I got printing working.

I am running out of ideas how to troubleshoot this problem. I will happily provide any logs necessary, just point me which I need to paste.

Thanks in advance!

• After update to Fall Creators Update I can now install my printer using SMB share so my issue is resolved.

EDIT:
    Oh well, my optimism was short-lived. After restart printing stopped working and after removing previously added printer, same behavior occurs...

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!