Gallery plugin/docker image for home gallery

• I am looking for a plugin/docker image to set up a gallery webserver with personal pictures to be seen/accessed/tagged/downloaded by the family. It does not need to be accessed for more than 1-2 users at the same time, but it needs to be powerful enough to manage a very large set of pictures.

I have around 20+ years of pictures (400GB) and more to come in a near future.

So, I have tested the following docker images from linuxserver.io

- Piwigo. Great piece of software, but it needs a database and it duplicates all my files, forcing me to maintain 2 copies of all the pictures, one in the sourcer folder and another one in the cache disk where the container is running.
    - Lychee. Same as Piwigo.
    - Photoshow. No database needed, no duplicated files, but too simplistic and not powerful enough for managing many pictures (frequent i/o errors while surfing the files).

I would need a "database-less" version of Piwigo/Lychee or a Photoshow but with more features and more powerful for managing large amounts of data.

Is there any software like that?

Thanks in advance.

omv 5.5.23-1 usul arm64

omv 5.5.23-1 usul x64

• Offizieller Beitrag

forcing me to maintain 2 copies of all the pictures, one in the sourcer folder and another one in the cache disk where the container is running.

Would it be a solution to install the program on Debian parallel to OMV?

• So, I have tested the following docker images from linuxserver.io

- Piwigo. Great piece of software, but it needs a database and it duplicates all my files, forcing me to maintain 2 copies of all the pictures, one in the sourcer folder and another one in the cache disk where the container is running.

I gave up upon this situation a few weeks ago due to my limited technical know how. I always thought that there must be a way to "connect both worlds" without having to duplicate all the images but I did not find a way. Installing Piwigo on OMV/Debian might be demanding, I don't know (own database, own nginx in parallel to OMV?). But perhaps you will find a good way to go. Thumps up!

OpenMediaVault 6.x (most recent stable version) -- 64 bit -- OMV-Extras 6.x (most recent stable version) -- Default Kernel

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!