Update Management shows vbox ext pack for installation although it is already installed

• Hello all,

on my OMV 3.0.94 (Kernel 4.9.0-0.bpo.3-amd64) my Update Management always shows virtualbox-ext-pack-installer 5.1.14 as available package. The installation always end with an error as the package is already installed.

Output of dpkg -l | grep virtualbox

Is there an easy way to get rid of this issue? I tried the Apt clean button but it did not solve it. I am afraid of removing and installing it again, as i do not want to crash my VirtualBox installation. It was always a hassle for me to get it installed on a OMV installation for whatever reason ?(

Any help is more than welcome.
    Thanks ahead :)

• This question has been answered in this forum already. :)
    Indeed it want's you to update your Virtualbox plugin in order to apply the extension pack.
    But since the author of the Virtualbox OMV-package itself and the ext-pack are different, the update for Virtualbox does simply not exist.
    And furthermore this update won't come since the differences from Virtualbox are minor.

I'm sorry but I also have this update every time and now I also can't finde the thread, where the author mentioned it.

Edit: Found the responsible guy for Virtualbox. It is @ryecoaaron.

• Offizieller Beitrag

You both probably need to enable the omv-extras testing repo.

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!