Problems with ZFS and Syncthing - i think

• I build my new NAS with V4 and i use ZFS and Syncthing but I have the following effect:

i build zfs pool, make a filesystem, add the share and enable the share in smb. Thats works fine.

Now i use Syncthing to sync a folder to this filesystem / share. Thats works fine too but a after reboot the System, the mountpoints of the zfs are "bad"

The shared Data are gone and mountpoint under "/sharedfolders/". That is a little strange.

I think Syncthing is to "fast" after the boot and Block the Mountpoints.....

Any ideas? Is there a way to start Syncthing "later"... If this is the Problem.

thx
    Zh4ng

• Offizieller Beitrag

I think Syncthing is to "fast" after the boot and Block the Mountpoints.....

Syncthing doesn't have anything to do with mountpoints. You are probably running into this bug - https://bugtracker.openmediavault.org/view.php?id=1851

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Ok, i am fiddling a little bit around.If zfs has time issues to mount the filessystem properly, the rest of the system have to wait :)

I think there to ways to solve it. A good and a little bad way.

The good way i think is to use the systemd timer......

my bad way:

I add in zfs-mount.service a little delay

Code: zfs-mount.service
    [Service]
    Type=oneshot
    RemainAfterExit=yes
    ExecStart=/sbin/zfs mount -a
    ExecStartPost=/bin/sleep 30

I give it a try and test it.....

• Offizieller Beitrag

Any other ideas?

It was fixed in OMV 4.0.15 a few hours ago - https://github.com/openmediava…a81a3d1329dc0b98996673e09

You will just have to wait for that to be released.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!