Periodic server-restarts during smb-transfer

• Hi Forum,

i'm new to this board and OMV and hopeful, that someone can give me an advice to solve the problem i have.
    I'm running OMV 3.0.94 on the following hardware, the only difference to the linkes article is, that there are only 2 wd red inside my machine.
    Last Sunday i updated the systen via the OMV GUI. After that, one of my locale machines performed its backup to the OMV-Server via smb.
    Right in the middle the OMV-machine beeps and restarts itself.
    Scanning the log-files and the only thing, that i can link to it, is that the sw-raid1 resyncs within the time.
    Smartctl pops up with some attributes, that have changed, but tells, that both hdds are ok.

So far, so good. After this restart, i started the backup-job from my locale machine again, and in the evening the omv-server beeps, and restarts itself again.

My thoughts:

• The omv-server never restarts itself before, so what of the follwing things, that happened the last weekend, are triggering this misbehaviour?

• hardware-fault, like power-supply or similar
      • Some of the imported updates have broken packages or causing this misbehaviour
      • resyncing the sw-raid-1
      • hardware-fault, like defective hdd

The problem is, that there happened several things at the same time (updates, Smartctl pops ups, resyncing the array).
    What is the best way, to figure out, what is the causal relationship to this behave?

Thanks in advance,
    BB

• Hi Forum,

just a short update:
    I replaced the OMV-install by a Ubuntu 16.04.x-install and did the same backups to this machine for three times by now.
    There was no server-restart during this time. That means, that it should be a software issue, forced by the OMV-install.

Anyone an idea, how to figure out, what ist causal to this behave?

Thanks in advance,
    BB

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!