• Hi everybody,
    I just finished building and configuring my new server. It replaced my old QNAP TS-419 PII. I was running out of space and had a RAID 5 in place. Also no Backup. I looked at new NASes from QNAP, but the one I fancied was about 900 € without HDDs, only 4 GB of RAM and also without ECC. The CPU wasn't the fastest, too. I looked what I can build with about 900 € myself.
    Plan was to replace the hole thing with something with more space, with more potent hardware to run VMs and with ECC-RAM. The old NAS was then going to be the backup (Haven't finished this yet).
    An old Tower, Antec P180, was still lying around. It has a dedicated HDD-cage for four HDDs and ventilation. So I thought I could put it to good use again.

The new hardware:

• Motherboard: Asus P10S-4/L with Asus ASMB8-iKVM Server Remote Management
    • CPU: Xeon E3-1240v6
    • RAM: 16 GB DDR4-2400 with ECC from Kingston
    • SSD: Samsung 850 Evo 500 GB for omv and VMs
    • HDD: 4x 6 TB WD Red Pro
    • Fan: 2x Noctua NF-F12

I am very pleased with omv. It runs fast and very stable. I'm using MySQL for a LibreELEC-Database, UrBackup, SnapRAID, UnionFileSystem and VirtualBox.

In regards of energy-consumption, I was positively surprised. Server on, HDDs in spin-down, system idling, around 30 Watt. Server on, HDDs spun-up, system idling, aroung 60 Watt. I was expecting more in idle.

Thanks for the good work :) Awesome community :thumbup:

I'm happy to answer any questions or take advice.

BTW: I'm getting an error per mail from Cron: "/usr/sbin/omv-snapraid-diff: Zeile 372: [: -eq: Einstelliger (unärer) Operator erwartet." Looking at the Script in that particular row:

Code
    # set pre-hash option
    if [ $(omv_config_get "/config/services/snapraid/prehash") -eq 1 ]; then
            prehash=" --pre-hash"
    else
            prehash=""
    fi
    if $DEBUG; then
            _log "DEBUG: Pre-Hash option: $prehash"
    fi

I can't spot the error, but a mail followed this one said that the diff-script was successful.

• Offizieller Beitrag

I'm getting an error per mail from Cron: "/usr/sbin/omv-snapraid-diff: Zeile 372: [: -eq: Einstelliger (unärer) Operator erwartet." Looking at the Script in that particular row:

What is the output of omv-showkey snapraid

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• I am running a similar setup and it works fine for me..
    The only real difference is that i have a supermicro board ( https://www.supermicro.com/pro…on/C236_C232/X11SSM-F.cfm ) and only a Intel core I3 since i just have 1 small VM.
    Keep in mind that u still need a Power Supply.

Thank you for your reply. I was looking at some boards from Supermicro, but for some reason (I think it was the optional, not very expensive, managementboard) I choose the one from Asus.
    The system is already up and running, and I thought the PSU was not worth listing. I bought a 400 Watt Pure Power from be!quiet.

What is the output of omv-showkey snapraid

Thank you for looking into this:

• Offizieller Beitrag

You have no prehash field in your snapraid config. Try executing /usr/share/openmediavault/confdb/migrations.d/conf.service.snapraid_3.6.3.sh to create it.

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• You have no prehash field in your snapraid config. Try executing /usr/share/openmediavault/confdb/migrations.d/conf.service.snapraid_3.6.3.sh to create it.

Thank you. That seems to have done the trick. Now there is a prehash field at the end. :) I'm going to read me a little into it, to decide to enable it or not...

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!