FTP directory shows up empty

• I'm an extra newb and i would appreciate some help. Since SMB support for Android sucks (its a know matter where you get back speeds no matter your setup) i thought of setting up the ftp and broadcasting the smb contents through there. So i enabled ftp service, added a single smb share for testing purposes, saved and applied the settings, and restarted the machine.

So on my mobile android device, i got an ftp client i set my localip:21 and it connects coming up with an empty directory.

Any theories on where im messing up

• Did you add the share within the FTP service? FTP shares are separate from SMB shares. Also, are the FTP permissions and settings set appropriately?

Note: it's not necessary to restart the machine when making changes like this in OMV. Rare is the case when it's actually necessary to reboot your server.

• It was the android ftp clients fault. I'm trying AndFTP and i now got it working with anonoymous login. Does anybody got a better ftp client fro Androdi suggestion?

Are my shares available online as well?

I only want to access them from inside my local network

Also whats the active/passive setting

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!