Mail Server plugin

• Offizieller Beitrag

A mailserver plugin would be a lot of work. You would be better off using something like Zimbra and use its web interface.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• This is just plain Debian. There are lots of mail servers out there for it, you can install any of them on your own. Keep in mind that his is not the goal for a home NAS, so don't expect much help from this forum.

• Install RoundCube and postfixadmin in addition and after the case. Manage you by www.

I know that the world does not expect the us to many. It is sufficient that you answer yourself a very important question: what I like to do in life, and then start to do it.

HP N36L Microserver 60GB SSD + 2x 250GB HDD + 2x 1TB omv 3.0.X 64 bit - 3.16 backport kernel
    Banana Pi + 16GB SD + 500GB - test platform omv 3.0.X - ARM - 3.4.104 kernel
    Banana PRO + 8GB SD + 320GB - test platform omv 30..X - ARM - 3.4.104 kernel
    SimpleNAS project - OpenMediaVault and Case for Banana Pi/PRO/M1/M1+/M3, LM Guitar

• Hi all,

After reading the above, I decided to give Axigen a try. Seems like a quick and complete solution for my needs, However installation fails like this:

Code
    dpkg: regarding .../axigen_8.1.1-1_i386.deb containing axigen:
     postfix conflicts with mail-transport-agent
      axigen provides mail-transport-agent and is to be installed.
    dpkg: error processing /tmp/axigen-8.1.1.i386.deb.run.OAZvry/axigen-8.1.1/axigen_8.1.1-1_i386.deb (--install):
     conflicting packages - not installing axigen
    Errors were encountered while processing:
     /tmp/axigen-8.1.1.i386.deb.run.OAZvry/axigen-8.1.1/axigen_8.1.1-1_i386.deb

Appearantly OMV already has some mailfunctionality on board?

I can see postfix is installed, but the daemon is not running.
    Can I safely remove it, or does omv rely on it?

• Ai...
    Already got that idea.

Code
    De volgende pakketten zullen VERWIJDERD worden:
      bsd-mailx openmediavault openmediavault-omvextrasorg postfix
    0 pakketten opgewaardeerd, 0 pakketten nieuw geïnstalleerd, 4 te verwijderen en 0 niet opgewaardeerd.
    Door deze operatie zal er 8282 kB schijfruimte vrijkomen.
    Wilt u doorgaan [J/n]? n
    Afbreken.
    root@server:/#

Says so much as that OMV would be removed ;)
    That's not really what I intended to.

• I'm running a mailserver on my OMV box. It runs in a virtual machine with Debian Wheezy and iRedMail installed. It has all you need for a mailserver like Roundcube webmail and Dovecot IMAP server. Works extremely stable with allmost no use of machine ressources.

My VM setup is based on on KVM like this Howto: http://forums.openmediavault.org/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=2417
    You could also use the VirtualBox plugin for VM's but i have the experience taht VirtualBox is more ressource hungry than KVM and since my setup is build with a low power AMD E350 i optet for KVM as host platform even though KVM is a bit more difficult to setup than VirtualBox.

if you have CPU power enough i think Virtualbox will be fine as host platform.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!