Permission from transmission-daemon file.

• OMV 3.x

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Permission from transmission-daemon file.

Hello.

I am noob here and glad to meet you guys.

The thing is, I cannot delete or move to other folder files which I download from torrent. Except this everything is fine. I can remove, move, change file from windows.

By the way, how can I login with root? is it possible at omv?

Thank you.
    • share your download directory by SMB and copy/move/delete by SMB.

To do this, user used to login in N4F (login in SMB) must have permission to do this operations, so go to users, create a new User ( the same that you use to connect from windows) and add this user to transmission group (You can select several groups at same time).
      OMV 3.0.96 x64 on a HP T510, 16GB CF as Boot Disk & 32GB SSD 2,5" disk for Data, 4 GB RAM, CPU VIA EDEN X2 U4200 is x64 at 1GHz

Post: HPT510 SlimNAS ; HOWTO Install Pi-Hole ; HOWTO install MLDonkey ; HOHTO Install ZFS-Plugin ; OMV_OldGUI ; ShellinaBOX ;
      Dockers: MLDonkey ; PiHole ;
      Videos: @TechnoDadLife
    • kayagoo wrote:

Yes, you can. There are two easy methods. Download PuTTY and install it on one of your windows clients. Run it, use OMV's IP address - username is root / password (what you entered when installing OMV).
      The other way is called shellinabox. It's a plugin for OMV. (BTW: Have you installed OMV-extras?)

Another utility I'm sure you'll find useful is WinSCP. Install this on a windows client. For logging in, it works like PuTTY, OMV's IP, username root + password. This utility will give you a graphical, "explorer like", file manager. You can browse the file structure, look at file permissions, etc.

One the command line - after you log in as root, type:
      apt-get install mc After the install is finished, on the command line type mc
      Midnight commander can do copy and do other file/folder operations.
      Good backup takes the "drama" out of computing
    • kayagoo wrote:

Possible as flmaxey wrote, but you have to make sure that root access is enabled within the SSH settings in ghe GUI of OMV.
      Odroid HC2 - armbian - Seagate ST4000DM004 - OMV4.x
      Asrock Q1900DC-ITX - 16GB - 2x Seagate ST3000VN000 - Intenso SSD 120GB - OMV4.x
      :!: Backup - Solutions to common problems - OMV setup videos - OMV4 Documentation - user guide :!:
    • kayagoo wrote:

I am noob here and glad to meet you guys.
      And with OMV, that's OK. That's what the GUI in OMV is all about - to open up the NAS world to "us NOOB's". :)

With guys like @raulfg3 and @macom, who can dive a lot deeper than I can, there's a lot of talent here. All will try to get you through the rough patches.

Merry Christmas
      Good backup takes the "drama" out of computing