Random freeze

• Hello,
    I'd like to ask you guys where do I start to look for reason my OMV freezes. Nothing was wrong with it for like a year, but since last week I had to restart it 5 times, cause it was not responding. I'm not even able to ping omv.
    The problem occured a few minutes ago, and the last output from syslog is:

Any ideas how to resolve this problem?

• Offizieller Beitrag

Looks ok for me, but @tkaiser has better knowledge.

Another way to test the file system is to use fsck. Use google to check how to use it.
    You will need another Linux system to check the root filesystem, as the filesystem must not be mounted. So you need for example boot a live system from a USB thumb drive.

• Looks ok for me

Looks ok for me too since only files are listed that are subject to intentional changes. Wrt fsck and rootfs please see here: http://www.thegeekstuff.com/2016/03/forcefsck-on-reboot/

@Klemens: When OMV starts to behave strange it's the same as when Linux behaves strange (since OMV is just a bunch of packages installed on a Linux Debian system). Reasons can be anything from broken filesystems (unlikely in your case) to broken hardware (eg. powersupply starting to fail) to literally anything. You should check the system's log whether there's something interesting in there (dmesg output and /var/log/syslog*).

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!