Cannot see any filesystems in the filesystems tab

• I'm having an issue finding the filesystems on my OMV install.
    When I go into the the filesystem tab nothing shows up other than communication failure and I get a blank screen. The filesystem is a software RAID 6 array that I created in an old install that got nuked by a power outage. Is there a way to mount my filesystem and have OMV pick it up?

• I am also having this issue on a fresh install, no RAID. "Communication failure" notice box spam after I wipe a drive and attempt to open the file systems tab. I've waited days to see if it was just initializing, but I assume that's not the case anymore.

• Bump, as this leaves my server unusable with openmediavault and I am needing to get it up by the end of the month. I would also be interested in hearing if OP had this fixed.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Post the output of:

fdisk -l
    blkid

Any errors in dmesg?

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Bump, as this leaves my server unusable with openmediavault and I am needing to get it up by the end of the month. I would also be interested in hearing if OP had this fixed.

I ended up waiting at the blank screen a little bit and low and behold it just popped up. You're probably going to have to click through a bunch of errors.

• No luck just waiting, I need to select the device to create the file system and it communication failure's after loading, and no device shows.

fdisk -l only detects the main hard drive, then hangs. blkid just hangs. dmesg is full of Buffer I/O error on dev sda, async page read.

This is all running on a Raspberry Pi 3 for me, so it could definitely just be underpowered.

EDIT: I believe I've just fixed this problem for me. My external HDD was powered by USB only, and I had it plugged into the Pi directly. After some searching around, I ended up using a 2A USB hub, plugging the HDD into the hub, and then plugging the main USB into the Pi. That way, the HDD was powered by the USB hub's power adapter but the data was picked up by the Pi. This let me format the drive and create a file system on it through OMV with no communication errors. I'm much happier considering the consensus I saw from the "Buffer I/O" errors on non-Pi systems was a failed drive. I'll update this later if I have any more problems.

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von lantrea () aus folgendem Grund: Solution

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!