Can't set ACL on ZFS

• OMV 3.x
    • Can't set ACL on ZFS

Was trying to play with ZFS. I have one spare 8TB HDD at the moment to play with. I created a basic pool just to set it up and see configuration options and such, but when I went to make a shared folder and configure ACL's, I was met with the following error.

Failed to execute command 'export PATH=/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin; export LANG=C; setfacl --remove-all -M '/tmp/setfaclTZ8MAt' -- '/Test/Test' 2>&1' with exit code '1': setfacl: /Test/Test: Operation not supported

What does all of that mean?
      Case: U-NAS NSC-810
      Motherboard: ASRock - C236 WSI Mini ITX
      CPU: Core i7-6700
      Memory: 32GB Crucial DDR4-2133
    • Out of the box, ZFS doesn't support Linux style ACL's.
      Applying the following will get you a very close approximation. (And the last, while optional, could save you some disk space with little to nothing in a performance hit.)

In the following, sub in your pool name, for XXXX

Source Code

1. zfs set aclinherit=passthrough XXXX
      2. zfs set acltype=posixacl XXXX
      3. zfs set xattr=sa XXXX
      4. zfs set compression=lz4 XXXX
      This can be done in the GUI, but it's faster to copy and paste it in, on the command line.

If you build a pool for actual use, the above needs to be applied immediately after creating the pool. Otherwise, you'd have files with mixed attributes.

Video Guides :!: New User Guide :!: Docker Guides :!: Pi-hole in Docker
      Good backup takes the "drama" out of computing.
    • flmaxey wrote:

Out of the box, ZFS doesn't support Linux style ACL's.
      Applying the following will get you a very close approximation. (And the last, while optional, could save you some disk space with little to nothing in a performance hit.)

In the following, sub in your pool name, for XXXX

Source Code

1. zfs set aclinherit=passthrough XXXX
      2. zfs set acltype=posixacl XXXX
      3. zfs set xattr=sa XXXX
      4. zfs set compression=lz4 XXXX
      This can be done in the GUI, but it's faster to copy and paste it in, on the command line.

If you build a pool for actual use, the above needs to be applied immediately after creating the pool. Otherwise, you'd have files with mixed attributes.
      Shame on me, I never thanked you for this.

Thank you!
      Case: U-NAS NSC-810
      Motherboard: ASRock - C236 WSI Mini ITX
      CPU: Core i7-6700
      Memory: 32GB Crucial DDR4-2133
    • It's all good. :)
      You have a long memory.

Video Guides :!: New User Guide :!: Docker Guides :!: Pi-hole in Docker
      Good backup takes the "drama" out of computing.