Botched upgrade - how to recover?

• I was upgrading from 0.5 to bring it up to date.
    Got to 1.0, and 2.0 ok
    Upgrading from 2.0 failed. In trying to recover, I may have invoked the upgrade to 4.x as well

My first symptom is I can't login to the gui:

Code
    exception 'OMV\Rpc\Exception' with message 'Failed to connect to socket: No such file or directory' in /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/rpc.inc:140
    Stack trace:
    #0 /var/www/openmediavault/rpc/session.inc(56): OMV\Rpc\Rpc::call('UserMgmt', 'authUser', Array, Array, 2, true)
    #1 [internal function]: OMVRpcServiceSession->login(Array, Array)
    #2 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(124): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
    #3 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/rpc.inc(86): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->callMethod('login', Array, Array)
    #4 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/proxy/json.inc(95): OMV\Rpc\Rpc::call('Session', 'login', Array, Array, 3)
    #5 /var/www/openmediavault/rpc.php(45): OMV\Rpc\Proxy\Json->handle()
    #6 {main}

Along the way, I manually added a group "openmediavault-config" since there was a complaint about that missing

Currently, the SMB process must be ok, since I can see my data drives from windows.

The Plex server is not responding.

I am not sure what to do next to try to recover. I appreciate any help!

• I am concerned about losing configuration information. For a fresh install, would I be formatting the system disk and starting from scratch?
    Is there a way to export the current OMV configuration information from the commanline?

• Offizieller Beitrag

Is there a way to export the current OMV configuration information from the commanline?

/etc/openmediavault/config.xml
    But it can only be used for reference. You can not copy and paste.

Installation would be:

• Disconnect data drives (to be sure you do not install the system on one of the data drives)
    • Install OMV3
    • Shutdown the server, connect the data drives and reboot
    • Do the configuration (take config.xml as reference and - if available - some scrennshots from your previous configuration)
  • Thanks for the suggestion. I did the re-install and re-config and everything is working fine now.
    It is tedious to reconfigure everything.

Now that I am on 3.x, is the best way to record my configuration still to copy the config.xml and take screenshots of the GUI?

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!