Hard Drive not showing in File System after fresh install

• I was running OMV2 with a separate system and data disk (3TB WD Red) which installed and worked fine. I decided to do a fresh install to OMV3, detaching the 3TB data disk before doing so to avoid mistakes.
    The install went fine and I can see both drives in physical disks however the 3TB data drive doesn't appear in File Systems for me to mount it, is there anything I can try other than wiping it?
    I do have the drive backed up but would like to avoid copying over a terrabyte of files if it can be avoided.

I should add I'm not very experienced with command line stuff hence the appeal of OMV, however I can SSH into it via putty with some pointers.

Thanks in advance

• Offizieller Beitrag

You probably need to mount the file system on the drive. Once you get that working mount it automatically with /etc/fstab. Not on a machine I can help from but google will help. OMV likes disks mounted @ /srv if I remember correctly.

• You probably need to mount the file system on the drive. Once you get that working mount it automatically with /etc/fstab. Not on a machine I can help from but google will help. OMV likes disks mounted @ /srv if I remember correctly.

Thanks for your quick reply.
    I have Googled extensively before posting on forum but if I can't see the drive in File Systems can I mount it via an alternative method?

Edit: via a terminal command I can see the data drive is listed as type Microsoft Basic Data. Don't know how that happened when it was originally formatted in OMV2x as a Linux

Thanks

• What does lsblk -f show?

As below -
    I'm currently experimenting with a USB stick plugged in so ignore those values.
    It seems the drive in question is ntfs when I feel sure it was formatted within OMV in a unix format

Thanks

root@OptimusPlex:~# lsblk -f
    NAME FSTYPE LABEL UUID MOUNTPOINT
    sdb
    └─sdb1 ntfs PlexData D284FD1684FCFE33
    sdc
    └─sdc1 ext4 USb c542915b-b8f0-46bf-8cd8-16bb729564da /srv/dev-disk-by-lab
    sda
    ├─sda2
    ├─sda5 swap 1ae7fc98-aacf-4724-af17-724490cdafc0 [SWAP]
    └─sda1 ext4 0437b63b-6125-46f7-a715-af75eb73afa9 /

• So sdb or sdc doesn't show? I guess sdb. mkdir /srv/PlexData Does mount -t ntfs /dev/sdb1 /srv/PlexData work?

You sir are my hero! I have now been able to mount the drive and the original folder structure seems to be in tact.
    Is this something I need to be concerned about for future use?

Thanks again

• You need to add that to /etc/fstab so it automates it on reboot. You will need to google that. use the uuid not /dev/sab1 because that could change as you add disks.

Thanks very much for your help, very much appreciated. What you say about automating on reboot doesn't mean a lot to me at the moment but I will Google it as you suggest to help my understanding.

Seasons greetings to you :)

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!