MySQL error in log

• Hi Guys,

After the upgrade to OMV4 I've got an issue with the MySQL plugin. In the GUI it says it isn't running, but it seems to work. I can login to the management console. But when I look in the log file I see this error:

Code
    2017-12-28  9:43:16 140407516739328 [ERROR] Incorrect definition of table mysql.proc: expected column 'sql_mode' at position 14 to have type set('REAL_AS_FLOAT','PIPES_AS_CONCAT','ANSI_QUOTES','IGNORE_SPACE','IGNORE_BAD_TABLE_OPTIONS','ONLY_FULL_GROUP_BY','NO_UNSIGNED_SUBTRACTION','NO_DIR_IN_CREATE','POSTGRESQL','ORACLE','MSSQL','DB2','MAXDB','NO_KEY_OPTIONS','NO_TABLE_OPTIONS','NO_FIELD_OPTIONS','MYSQL323','MYSQL40','ANSI','NO_AUTO_VALUE_ON_ZERO','NO_BACKSLASH_ESCAPES','STRICT_TRANS_TABLES','STRICT_ALL_TABLES','NO_ZERO_IN_DATE','NO_ZERO_DATE','INVA

Does anyone know how to resolve this issue?

*UPDATE*
    I also can't reset the password. Then I get the following error:

Code
    Error #0:
    OMV\ExecException: Failed to execute command 'export PATH=/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin; export LANG=C; sudo mysql -u root -e " CREATE USER IF NOT EXISTS 'omvadmin'@'localhost' IDENTIFIED BY '*****; GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON *.* TO 'omvadmin'@'localhost' IDENTIFIED BY '*****' WITH GRANT OPTION; FLUSH PRIVILEGES; "' with exit code '1':  in /usr/share/php/openmediavault/system/process.inc:175
    Stack trace:
    #0 /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/rpc/mysql.inc(223): OMV\System\Process->execute()
    #1 [internal function]: OMV\Engined\Rpc\MySql->resetPassword(Array, Array)
    #2 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(123): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
    #3 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/rpc.inc(86): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->callMethod('resetPassword', Array, Array)
    #4 /usr/sbin/omv-engined(536): OMV\Rpc\Rpc::call('MySql', 'resetPassword', Array, Array, 1)
    #5 {main}
  • I have resolved the first error through the following website.

https://sysadminnightmare.org/…tion-of-table-mysql-proc/

After that I've created the user manually, but the query couldn't be executed as a whole. So I had to run the query's sequentially.

CREATE USER IF NOT EXISTS 'omvadmin'@'localhost' IDENTIFIED BY '***';
    GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON *.* TO 'omvadmin'@'localhost' IDENTIFIED BY '***' WITH GRANT OPTION;
    FLUSH PRIVILEGES;

That seems strange to me. Now the user exists, but I still can't reset the password through the plugin.

Are there any steps I can take to check debug this issue? I can't find any errors in the error.log file anymore.

• Offizieller Beitrag

It is an order of preference problem introduced when the default mysql version in Debian 9 is now mariadb. The plugin needs to be changed to write a mariadb conf file instead of mysql conf file when mariadb is installed.

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• It is an order of preference problem introduced when the default mysql version in Debian 9 is now mariadb. The plugin needs to be changed to write a mariadb conf file instead of mysql conf file when mariadb is installed.

Aah, ok! Thanks for your answer. Then I presume my mysql setup is running correctly.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!