MySQL error in log

• OMV 4.x
    • Resolved

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• MySQL error in log

Hi Guys,

After the upgrade to OMV4 I've got an issue with the MySQL plugin. In the GUI it says it isn't running, but it seems to work. I can login to the management console. But when I look in the log file I see this error:

Source Code

1. 2017-12-28 9:43:16 140407516739328 [ERROR] Incorrect definition of table mysql.proc: expected column 'sql_mode' at position 14 to have type set('REAL_AS_FLOAT','PIPES_AS_CONCAT','ANSI_QUOTES','IGNORE_SPACE','IGNORE_BAD_TABLE_OPTIONS','ONLY_FULL_GROUP_BY','NO_UNSIGNED_SUBTRACTION','NO_DIR_IN_CREATE','POSTGRESQL','ORACLE','MSSQL','DB2','MAXDB','NO_KEY_OPTIONS','NO_TABLE_OPTIONS','NO_FIELD_OPTIONS','MYSQL323','MYSQL40','ANSI','NO_AUTO_VALUE_ON_ZERO','NO_BACKSLASH_ESCAPES','STRICT_TRANS_TABLES','STRICT_ALL_TABLES','NO_ZERO_IN_DATE','NO_ZERO_DATE','INVA

Does anyone know how to resolve this issue?

*UPDATE*
      I also can't reset the password. Then I get the following error:

Source Code

1. Error #0:
      2. OMV\ExecException: Failed to execute command 'export PATH=/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin; export LANG=C; sudo mysql -u root -e " CREATE USER IF NOT EXISTS 'omvadmin'@'localhost' IDENTIFIED BY '*****; GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON *.* TO 'omvadmin'@'localhost' IDENTIFIED BY '*****' WITH GRANT OPTION; FLUSH PRIVILEGES; "' with exit code '1': in /usr/share/php/openmediavault/system/process.inc:175
      3. Stack trace:
      4. #0 /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/rpc/mysql.inc(223): OMV\System\Process->execute()
      5. #1 [internal function]: OMV\Engined\Rpc\MySql->resetPassword(Array, Array)
      6. #2 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(123): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
      7. #3 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/rpc.inc(86): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->callMethod('resetPassword', Array, Array)
      8. #4 /usr/sbin/omv-engined(536): OMV\Rpc\Rpc::call('MySql', 'resetPassword', Array, Array, 1)
      9. #5 {main}

The post was edited 1 time, last by RHCPNG ().

• I have resolved the first error through the following website.

sysadminnightmare.org/incorrec…tion-of-table-mysql-proc/

After that I've created the user manually, but the query couldn't be executed as a whole. So I had to run the query's sequentially.

CREATE USER IF NOT EXISTS 'omvadmin'@'localhost' IDENTIFIED BY '***';
      GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON *.* TO 'omvadmin'@'localhost' IDENTIFIED BY '***' WITH GRANT OPTION;
      FLUSH PRIVILEGES;

That seems strange to me. Now the user exists, but I still can't reset the password through the plugin.

Are there any steps I can take to check debug this issue? I can't find any errors in the error.log file anymore.
    • It is an order of preference problem introduced when the default mysql version in Debian 9 is now mariadb. The plugin needs to be changed to write a mariadb conf file instead of mysql conf file when mariadb is installed.
      omv 4.1.8.2 arrakis | 64 bit | 4.15 proxmox kernel | omvextrasorg 4.1.8
      omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github.com/OpenMediaVault-Plugin-Developers

Please read this before posting a question.
      Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!