Trying to move my data! need help

• Hi, I have been using OMV for awhile now and am trying to offload all of my data from a drive to my computer. FTP transfers are extremely slow (500 kbs) and i have gb's of data to move. How could I plug my drive into my computer and directly move my data?
    I am using luks encryption. Thanks, Skyler

• Offizieller Beitrag

What is the OS of your computer?
    How are NAS and computer connected? If you are using wireless, try cable.
    You could also try SMB/CIFS instead of FTP. Do you have some bandwidth restrictions enabled for FTP?

To connect the drive to the computer, you would need a SATA-to-USB converter. If your OS on the computer is WIndows, you would need to check if there is a possibility to use luks encryption on Windows. If not, you probably need to use a Linux Live Distro.

• What is the OS of your computer?
    How are NAS and computer connected? If you are using wireless, try cable.
    You could also try SMB/CIFS instead of FTP.

To connect the drive to the computer, you would need a SATA-to-USB converter. If your OS on the computer is WIndows, you would need to check if there is a possibility to use luks encryption on Windows. If not, you probably need to use a Linux Live Distro.

Its windows 10 and the drive is a wd external hdd. My computer and nas is connected through my home network, NAS to my router via ethernet then to computer via 5ghz wifi. Ive also tried SMB and its also very slow.

Sent from my LGUS992 using Tapatalk

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!