'Failed to execute command' when changing network settings - now cannot make any network changes

• Hi guys,

I've had great success and reliability over the last 12 months of using OMV. Hit a few stumbling blocks along the way but it was nothing that I couldn't resolve from searching through this forum.

However, I now have a need to change my network card settings as my network infrastructure has changed.

I am running OMV on a Lenovo TS140 with an onboard 1Gbps NIC and a compatible PCIE Intel 4 port 1Gbps NIC. I had two ports configured in a LACP Bond direct to an iMac plus thunderbolt display, a WiFi access point into the other port, the last of the PCI ethernet ports was configured with a fixed IP. The onboard ethernet port was set to DHCP as a 'oh sh1t'.

I now want to change it a little to incorporate a SG300 switch that has a 3 port bond to OMV then I can easily do all other network VLAN config stuff in the switch. I'm using the bond's to get maximum throughput to a RAID10.

So... I set about to remove the current bond and all other network settings then add all of the new configs. However, after I had deleted the first bond and hit apply, I was greeted by this little error...

I have tried to figure out what the problem is but my knowledge of Linux isn't strong enough, I've also spent many hours trying to search for some help to no avail.

Backup wise, the only thing I have is backup of the system disk using the 'Backup' OMVExtras plugin, I do not have an image of the disk.

So my question is, can I restore my current system disk from that OMV backup and it will happily accept the old network config? The hardware has not changed since the backup was taken so that shouldn't be an issue.

My current thoughts are simply copy across the files from the OMVBackup folder over to the curent system disk and hopefully that will work.

Have any of you guys got any more info or thoughts on this? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Steve

• I'm having the same issue, I do not believe all of the plugins I need exist on OMV4 yet.

Failed to execute command 'export PATH=/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin; export LANG=C; echo '-bond0' > /sys/class/net/bonding_masters 2>&1' with exit code '2':

Error #0:exception 'OMV\ExecException' with message 'Failed to execute command 'export PATH=/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin; export LANG=C; echo '-bond0' > /sys/class/net/bonding_masters 2>&1' with exit code '2': ' in /usr/share/php/openmediavault/system/process.inc:175Stack trace:#0 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/engine/module/moduleabstract.inc(75): OMV\System\Process->execute(Array, 2)#1 /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/module/interfaces.inc(76): OMV\Engine\Module\ModuleAbstract->exec('echo '-bond0' >...')#2 [internal function]: OMVModuleInterfaces->deleteBondInterface(Array)#3 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/engine/module/moduleabstract.inc(146): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)#4 /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/module/interfaces.inc(52): OMV\Engine\Module\ModuleAbstract->execTasks('delete')#5 /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/rpc/config.inc(152): OMVModuleInterfaces->stopService()#6 [internal function]: OMVRpcServiceConfig->applyChanges(Array, Array)#7 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(124): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)#8 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(150): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->callMethod('applyChanges', Array, Array)#9 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(528): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->OMV\Rpc\{closure}('/tmp/bgstatus0J...', '/tmp/bgoutputeI...')#10 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(151): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->execBgProc(Object(Closure))#11 /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/rpc/config.inc(213): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->callMethodBg('applyChanges', Array, Array)#12 [internal function]: OMVRpcServiceConfig->applyChangesBg(Array, Array)#13 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(124): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)#14 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/rpc.inc(86): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->callMethod('applyChangesBg', Array, Array)#15 /usr/sbin/omv-engined(536): OMV\Rpc\Rpc::call('Config', 'applyChangesBg', Array, Array, 1)#16 {main}

OMV 6.x
    Supermicro X9DRH-7F
    2X-XEON E5-2660V2
    128GB PC3-10600R ECC REG
    Supermicro SATA DOM 64GB
    Areca ARC-1883IX-24
    24X - WD WD80EFZX
    NORCO RPC-4224 4U
    Eaton 5PX 1500

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!